Any green thumbs?

Yeah, that’s a generalization of the US. Maybe in large cities and suburbs, but if you get out into the country, people have lots of land. Small or big houses

My first pumpkin this year! It’s really early!

4 Likes

Hi all! I am back on the forum after relapsing for two months. I am happy to be back. I will take a picture of my newest shrubs later today! I also have a new Japanese maple I planted! :grin:

1 Like

Glad to see you again!

1 Like

Thank you @MoCatt.

Started some seeds sunday:

Today, 4 days later I have some sprouts! :heart:

I’m going to have a ton of marigolds! :grin:

1 Like

Such a fun feeling!! Enjoy your little seedlings!

1 Like

My office hibiscus :hibiscus: she’s so pretty :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m thinking about trying with some gardening. I know absolutely nothing about it Lol your flower is so pretty!

1 Like

Thank you!! :blush: I don’t know anything either. I just water her. I did grow a bunch of cucumbers and tomatoes last summer. It was so easy I googled it :joy: I ended up with a bunch and made some pickles.

1 Like

I’m hoping for that same luck. I’ve never grown anything but I would really like to be able to at least grow some veggies. Maybe this thread will become more active so I can get some tips cause Lord knows I’m gonna need them!

1 Like

I’m a a bit obsessed with houseplants :nerd_face: here are some of my favorite old guys and gals. I’ve never named named my plants like some do, but I’m considering it!

This is a beefsteak begonia. It just got a giant new pot a couple months ago.

These are a schefflera and a spider plant. The spider plant was a cutting from a new plant nerd friend I met here, and the schefflera was a Valentine’s Day gift from hubby a few years ago.

Here’s a ginormous hoya, which started from a couple cuttings of my mother’s plant. That plant’s mother plant was one from my grandmother’s house that my mom got over thirty years ago.

This gal is a gryphon begonia. I got a cutting from a good friend in Michigan.

That’s probably enough for now! :rofl::innocent::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@stop.the.ride Jen I wanna see your plants! :upside_down_face:

Very nice Rosa! :blush:

Hey, thanks, amiga!!!

1 Like

Rosa! Your plants are beautiful!!
Hahaha it’s like- I’ll show you mine if you show me yours :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy:

1 Like

LOL exactly :flushed::crazy_face: And thank you!

1 Like

That’s cool. Love gardening but have to be patient when you live in Michigan. It snowed yesterday!!!:sob:

1 Like

Hey, I think that’s pretty wonderful! If you have photos of your work elsewhere I’d love to see!

1 Like

I heard! I grew up in West Michigan. I’m in N. Iowa and can’t wait to get my garden going. Spring is dragging its heels this year.