Any horror movie fans?

I am a huge horror movie buff! I am at the point now it’s difficult to find a good gripping film!

So many good movies listed in this thread.

But I have to say, as much as it’s not really a horror movie it’s a go to favourite… ZOMBIELAND! I know. I know.

Could you imagine? Living through an apocalyptic world. Survive. Travel. Explore. Do all the crazy stuff you can’t do now haha. But I don’t follow rule #1 so I’d prefer walking dead zombies. Lol

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this, but I like The Last Man on Earth, a 1964 adaptation of the same novel, starring Vincent Price.

I have the opposite problem–too many films I want to see, but nowhere near enough time (or money) to see them all!

2 Likes

I never considered myself a fan of slasher films, but recently I’ve been really enjoying them, especially some of the classics like My Bloody Valentine (1981) and Sleepaway Camp (1983).

I currently have Black Christmas (1974), The Prowler (1981), and Pieces (1982) on the shelf waiting to be watched. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Anna and the apocalypse is a fun horror adjacent movie that’s good for the season lol

1 Like

Sleepaway camps ending had my jaw on the floor :joy::joy::joy:

Yeah, even if you more-or-less know what’s coming, it’s a jaw-dropper. :open_mouth:

I completely didn’t know what was coming. I had heard the ending was insane but I was unprepared entirely! It really exceeded all my expectations. :joy:

I did my dissertation on post modern horror. I’m a 80s kid. Love those Halloween and Friday 13th movies :popcorn::smile:

2 Likes

Just watched Infinity Pool tonight, classed as a horror, but I’m not sure it is. It’s certainly interesting though. Anyone watched it?

Mia Goth lives in my nightmares, I swear.

Love the conjurings great movies

Have not seen it, but it looks interesting. Directed by David Cronenberg’s son!?

2 Likes

This last weekend I watched:

Mill of the Stone Women – an Italian gothic from 1960. Stunning scenery, sets, clothing, actors and actresses, but pretty dull plotting.

Lamb (2021) - arty folk horror from Iceland.

Jess Franco’s Count Dracula (1970). Pretty staid for a Jess Franco film, but staring Christopher Lee, Klaus Kinski, and Soledad Miranda.

And last night I watched The Gift (2015) – not quite a horror film, but a decent creepy thriller about a stalker who turns out to be more than he seems.

Lamb was definitely the winner out of those. The director says it is not a horror film, and I can understand why. Very strange but poignant film set in the beautiful, bleak mountains of Iceland.

2 Likes

This film was inspired by the Greek tragedy, Iphigenia in Aulis by Euripides.

Very well done. If you liked that check out We need to talk about Kevin. Not similar, but also still reminded me of it.

1 Like

We need to talk about Kevin was quite dismal, but that’s kinda the point. Interesting to experience from that point of view. I recently watched M.o.M. which is similar. And if I’m on the topic, I always liked Elephant. Haven’t seen it in years but I think I have the DVD somewhere.

2 Likes

In the end, I wasn’t completely sold on The Killing of a Sacred Deer, although I didn’t completely hate it either. I talk about it a little bit here, FWIW:

We need to talk about Kevin has been on my watch-list for while, although I have no recollection of where I heard about it. I do vaguely remember hearing that it was pretty heavy going.

2 Likes

It wasn’t bad. Creepy characters and an interesting concept. I actually enjoyed it, better than the three stars it was given! Give it a try!

1 Like

I’ve read some of your blog by the way, nice! Keep going, lovely thing to do while sober! :popcorn::muscle::heart:

Elephant was good to! Probably one of Gus van Sants darkest movies. I suppose they aren’t horror in the traditional sense, but they sure are horrifying!

Both flicks I probably don’t need to watch again haha

1 Like

I liked it, he kinda stays in the “body horror” genre like his dad. It wasn’t amazing but I enjoyed it because it was very original and had some ethical/moral dilemma built in.

1 Like