Any horror movie fans?

Then, just to ensure total overkill, you can follow up with Fulci’s Zombie Flesh Eaters!

Even though the zombies aren’t the decaying “gory” type that we are familiar with now, I think it’s still the most genuinely frightening film in the series --and the ending is devastating.

1 Like

Just watched the new one from Damian Mc Carthy. It’s called Oddity, I really liked it. The movie he did before it was called Caveat, very strange indeed. Both really solid flicks

4 Likes

Have heard good things about Oddity. Hope it gets some kind of release here in Japan.

I watched Longlegs–I had the blu-ray sent from the US because I couldn’t wait to see it. It was great, but it didn’t quite hit me as hard as Blackcoat’s Daughter. Although I think it’s a film that will improve with repeated viewings–quite a lot going on under the surface of that one.

Another disc that I ordered at the same time as Longlegs was the 2017 Argentine film Terrified by Demián Rugna (who more recently directed When Evil Lurks). I thought that was pretty good.

Last night I went to see Late Night With The Devil, which was really cool, although I thought the ending was a bit weak.

4 Likes

I am really anti slasher films but tonight watched TRICK. Kept me wondering what happens next. Just wanted to share.

1 Like

Idk if I ever mentioned The Platform before :thinking: but it’s one I never forgot about. I had no idea there even was a 2nd one, but I’m glad there is, I’m watching it right now. A prequel to the first. Same gruesome brutality, if not more, and much more character development. Highly recommend :+1::+1:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I have this in my list this weekend. Number one was interesting!

1 Like

MAN absolutely!
I prefer the 1990 remake to the original. Horror blasphemy, but I don’t care.
In my top 10 as well, easy.

1 Like

Some of my personal favorites that I’ll be getting to this October –

Candyman (1992)
Night of the Living Dead (1990)
It Follows
The Shining
Dawn of the Dead (1978) and probably (2004)
Day of the Dead (1985)
House of 1,000 Corpses // Devil’s Rejects
Halloween, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Trick r Treat

And whatever is on Svengoolie every saturday night.

Edit to add the opening titles of Halloween 4.
It captures the essence of the season perfectly, in my opinion.

3 Likes

@Tragicfarinelli Now that I’ve finished it, I can say that I liked how it ended :ok_hand: Hope you enjoy :grin:

@TMAC Ah…Candyman. That movie messed me tf up when I was a kid. I was scared to watch it again for a looong time. I also love the 2004 Dawn of the Dead. Might have to dust off my DVD :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I have always loved the original Hellraiser, but it’s becoming Terrifier 3.

2 Likes

I cant wait for terrifier 3 my wife she cant stand the slasher type of flims me ill get into them …

1 Like