Any horror movie fans?

Very unique.

1 Like

Very unique horror movie. But I would not watch it again. My subconscious was under the effect of the movie until todayā€¦ Today I feel recovered. Withdrawal from that movie was tough lol

2 Likes

I think I already said this earlier in the thread, but that is one of the reasons I really liked Blackcoatā€™s Daughter. It actually got under my skin and freaked me out a bit. Thatā€™s a rare treat for a jaded horror fan like me.

1 Like

Glad you are feeling better! But everything you said has just ramped my anticipation up a couple of notches!

2 Likes

Interesting bit of trivia that you may or may not already know: Osgood Perkins, the director of Longlegs and Blackcoatā€™s Daughter, is the son of Anthony Perkins, who played Norman Bates in Hitchcockā€™s Psycho, and the musical scores for both films were composed by his younger brother, Elvis Perkins. Talented family.

(The score for Blackcoatā€™s Daughter is fantastic. Unfortunately the out-of-print vinyl album now changes hands for upwards of $100ā€¦)

1 Like

Haha I can guess that

Ok based on your advice and my appreciation of Longlegs, Iā€™ve seen Blackcoatā€™s daughter (or February ? Itā€™s supposed to be the original title on the imdb, anway) tonight. I loved it. Such a great movie. You can clearly see a connection between the two movies. Itā€™s gorgeous, bold, cold, dark, surprising, probably unforgettable. Thanks

Glad you enjoyed it!

1 Like

Iā€™m Gonna Have To Watch This One ! Seems To Be A Lot Of Peopleā€™s Fav ! Where Could I Find It At !? Like , Netflix , Prime , A Movie Website ?

I think that depends a lot on where you are located. I first saw it on Amazon Prime.

Thereā€™s a series on Netflix called Terror Tuesday: Extreme. Based on real life radio dial in stories in Thailand. Iā€™ve only watched one of them so far but itā€™s pretty well made. Not bad at all.

3 Likes

Longlegs. Fabulous. New, fresh, accomplished, paced. Loved it.

The Deliverance.
The family situation in this film was so horrifyingly disconcerting that this worked for me as a frightening piece of film. It wasnā€™t really honestly that good, so it shouldnā€™t have been so creepy. But it really was horrible. Left me feeling so freaked out. Good acting, deep themes.

2 Likes

I watched this last night. I thought the first half, where it was setting things up with the portrayal of the family and their situation was done really wellā€“it felt very convincing and compelling, but then the second half, when it became a full-blown horror movie, was pretty dreadful.

So lazily derivative of every possession film since The Exorcist. You could do a checklist of all the tropes youā€™ve seen 100 times before. In fact, some of dialogue and scenes actually seemed to be lifted straight from The Exorcist.

Just my personal opinion of course :sweat_smile:, but I was left feeling that it was a shame that the director/writers didnā€™t have as much interest in making an original and creative horror movie as they did in skillfully depicting interpersonal and social issues.

4 Likes

One of my local theaters is currently showing remastered versions of the first three Children of the Corn movies. Went to see the first one a few days ago. Itā€™s great to be able to see a movie like that in the theater. Good goofy fun!

3 Likes

Agreed absolutely. The first half was more terrifying before the horror started!!

1 Like

Glen Closeā€™s cleavage was the scariest thing about it.

ā€¦Can I say that here? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You just did ā€¦

:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Tonightā€™s feature
1990 childhood classic for me to kick off the season. Itā€™s in my top 10

IMG_3169

5 Likes

Great flick!

During the past few months Iā€™ve re-watched Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978), and Day of the Dead (1985), and then I watched Land of the Dead (2005) and Diary of the Dead (2007) for the first time.

They are all good, but the first three are bona fide classics. I think Day of the Dead was the one that surprised me the most with how good it was after not having seen it for along time. (I think the last time I saw it was at a horror all-nighter in the late 80s!)

I have to say, watching the more recent entries in the series for the first time now, I kind of felt that they had been made to seem somewhat run-of-the-mill by The Walking Dead and the zombie movie overkill that came in its wakeā€“even though they predate that by a few years. Still good films though.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome. I think you just set up my watch list my friend. Iā€™ll have to go down this path. I feel you on the walking dead aspect.
And the OGā€™d are for sure Bona Fide Classics!

This one was the first one I saw on tv as a child. Freaked me out dude lol. Was born in 84, so yeah. Real 90ā€™s kid here.