Any musicians here? Does playing music aid your recovery?

I play guitar, fiddle, mandolin, and some banjo and i have found that when i play music it clears my mind and gives me peace like very few things.

Anyone else here have similar experiences?

If so, what do you play?

9 Likes

Not a musician.
But music is a powerful healing tool.
All music.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

For me it’s singing!! Always has been, but now I can actually sing (and sound decent), but more importantly, it brings me happiness and peace again.

2 Likes

Music has and will always be my one true love, it has given me the world I have found myself through it many times. I have been a drummer, vocalist and keyboardist.

I totally use it to heal myself and I absorb certain emotions into songs it’s just how I deal with life

4 Likes

I play guitar, drums some keys but by heart is in the bass. Yes it has really helped me.

8 Likes

Guitarist here. Music is my therapy and my guitar is my therapist. I don’t write lyrics but my emotions come out when I write. Good to see you and all the other musicians here!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes

It is awesome to see and meet other musicians on the forum.

4 Likes

That is awesome!

1 Like

I bet your snare has a nice ring to it, what size is the head?

Tama Warlord snare it’s made of bubinga, been my sound for about 12 years

5 Likes

My Roland Fantom, this is what I use to record everything, someday I’ll invest in a PC with an analog synth and setup modulators/sequencers but this for now is how I write and find passion.

3 Likes

I bet man just looking at the rim it looks fun to put some weight into hitting it, it looks like it sounded deep. I always wanted a piccolo snare on the side for the exact opposite effect never got one

Cool looking set!

2 Likes

I have a second snare that I have tuned a lot higher for the effect I was talking about, but I also usually play it turned off to give that more Danny Carey feel to its sound

2 Likes

Been a piano player since the age of 6. My neighbor was diagnosed with depression after attempting to take her life and her therapist thought that teaching children how to play piano would help fill that void. I never learned how to read music but have been told I have a Great ear. Rachmaninov is my favorite. Loud, angry, misunderstood. None of the Beatles knew how to read music either so I guess they were onto something

6 Likes

I play guitar and it really helps me stay here now.

5 Likes

What type of music do you play?

Do you write original songs / tunes?

Singer and pianist here! I don’t know what I’d do without music…it’s my life.

6 Likes

Thats awesome Alexis! You write your own songs?

I do! I’ve been performing for over 25 years now.

6 Likes

I hoping for some live jams to open back up around my area. Starting to see areas open up all over on social media where musicians are getting together and jamming

2 Likes