Any non alcoholic beverages that you can recommend?

I’m new to this lovely App & recently 3 days sober…just wondering if anyone has any good non-alcoholic beverages to recommend that help curb cravings at all…I’m used to drinking more sugar daily than I’d like to admit and have been drinking loads of tea and water but thats amping my nerves up a bit too much right now. Any ideas are much appreciated and we’ll recieved :heart:

12 Likes

Welcome to the community and congrats on your 3 days. I been drinking a good amount of ginger ale since I quit alcohol. I’m really not much of sugar person but since I stopped the alcohol I’ve been craving sugar. At least it’s hangover free.

4 Likes

Thank you, I love gingerale and could see this helping to ease down on the sugar withdrawal right now too!

1 Like

Hi! I’m a newbie here too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love the sparkling water brand, Bubbly, and my favorite flavor is blackberry. I like to put it in a fancy glass! :laughing:

6 Likes

Yum, that sounds tasty! :yum:

What is Irish style tea? Right now I’m drinking Chai but it’s not doing much for me except for making feel like I gotta pee every cpl hours lol

3 Likes

Okie I’ll do a Google on it! Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

6 Likes

LaCroix sparkling water is now my go-to bev. Lots of delicious flavors, yet there’s literally NOTHING in it: no sugar, no sweeteners, no sodium, no calories!

2 Likes

Welcome to TS!
I like herbal teas, they don’t have caffeine unless it’s green or black tea. I also like tonic water as I’m into the bitter taste :yum:
You can search for non alcoholic beverages using the magnifying glass. There are lot of threads on TS on the topic, I even remember one with mocktail recipies.
Keep us posted :hugs:

2 Likes

Soda water and lime or just good old tap water here in Scotland its soft and tastes like nector not like England were its hard and gritty ,

3 Likes

Congratulations on 3 days! I’m only 1 week sober so my experience is very limited, but I’ll tell you what I’ve been trying. Also, I pretty much always stuck to wine, so I don’t find making mixed drinks to be triggering. So please take that into consideration if it might not be a good idea for you.

I went to the dollar store and bought some new glasses that I liked so that kinda makes my drinks feel special lol
Besides that I bought a bunch of different kinds of juices(you can find low/zero sugar), sugar free sprite, grenadine, cherries and I got ginger beer (which is NA) which is something I’ve never tried before. So I have plenty of options to look forward to making something interesting to drink in the evenings instead of thinking about alcohol.

During the day I drink water, coffee and I’m not much of a tea drinker but I’m trying to get into it.
You could also try some of those flavor packets or little squeeze bottles to flavor your water and make it sweet, as they are usually sugar free.

Let us know what you find! I’m looking for NA drinks to try too.

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate your suggestions

1 Like

I drink a lot of flavored seltzer in cans. No sugar, no sodium, no alcohol. Helps keep you hydrated, tastes good and no guilt. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Bfdeirish Welcome and I’m drinking a Grapefruit Bubbly as I type! :cup_with_straw:I’ll have to add Blackberry to my next purchase. :smirk:

2 Likes

3 years sober, here’s my go to:

• Coffee
  • Sparkling Ice w/caffeine
  • Arnold Palmer
  • Iced tea
  • Water

081a8c79-fad5-47a0-a75e-88e9596e465c_text

3 Likes

Yaaaas I love that! Team Bubbly! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @QueenSunshine

2 Likes

I love this. Very inspiring. Don’t be surprised if I attempt recreate this photo tomorrow.

1 Like

Same for me. I’ve never been a “sweet” person but my brain is craving sugar for the endorphins. I’ve been indulging without guild because the alternative is worse.

4 Likes

Perrier, Bubly or La Croix.

All have helped me get past a bad craving. Even yesterday, for example. I nearly broke down and gave in to my cravings, but instead drank a litre of Perrier instead. It’s carbonated so it satisfies that burning feeling I used to get on my throat from liquor.

3 Likes