Any one else hours into oxy withdraws?

Just joined this page. I’ve been weaning down for weeks. Went from 45mg at a time to about 5mg x 5 a day. finally started today trying to come off and having a super hard time. Super. Hard. Time. Send help. :unamused::pensive:

3 Likes

Welcome here! No experience with your poison.
But I can wish you all the strength and willpower to get through this detox period.

Stay strong, surrender is easy.

2 Likes

Thanks I need as much strength as I can get. I’m in for the long hall!

1 Like

Just for today… You are not using today.
Tommorow, we’ll see about that tomorrow.
Meaning small steps get you long ways.

5 Likes

I’m 25 days off heroin. Weaned but still jumped off at a point that sucked. The cravings get better with time. Rebuilding your reward system takes time.

Feel free to reach out. I know what it’s like. Find an NA meeting, just for support once you’re through the first week

3 Likes

Oxys are tough. Definitely always a favorite of mine in the pinnacle of my opiate addiction but they robbed me of all my money, twice, and I’m never letting that happen again. Glad to hear you’re done as well. Withdrawal sucks but try a hot bath/shower, OTC pain relievers(ibuprofen/tylenol/naproxen) for body aches, hot tea and loads of liquids if your stomach starts acting up. Thd first 3-5 days are the worst. Then comes the mental game so stay strong. Its definitely a hard one to conquer but you’ll be 100% better off. No downsides to quitting those horrible things.

6 Likes

Oxy was my doc. Buckle down!!! It’s temporary and won’t last forever. I did cold turkey not by choice I was in jail. Lots of fluids, Imodium AD and vitamin C, zofran for nausea and get into a support group. It’s hell. Just know it will pass. I just hit 7 months clean you got this!!! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask me

7 Likes

I give you a lot of credit. I couldn’t do it myself and went to out parient detox for 10 days. Hang in there, it does get better :hugs:

7 Likes

I jumped off at about 300 mg a day and 3 bars ever night cold Turkey. I couldnt force myself to taper down…its really rough for a while…but next week I’ll have 18 months off that crap and I had been on it for 30 years…you can make it…

I did have to have lots of help ,

7 Likes

Your not in for a long haul. I have come off of oxycodone many times. Came off of 400 mg a day. Its quick. Is tough for a couple of days. Then its recovery. It is a fast acting drug. Do not let the drug be your master. It will. Tell damn drug to move on. Right now while you are fighting back, that monster is trashing someone else. Its poison and it will kill you. If you need help coming off, tell a dr. Be honest with the dr. I will be praying.

6 Likes

Go to meetings daily.

3 Likes

I appreciate the prayers, I’ll take any help I can get. Unfortunately a dr. Isn’t exactly a possibility right now but I’m counting the minutes and doing my best to suck it up and not let weakness get the best of me. Thanks for the help !

2 Likes

Hi love, I’m 105 days clean from Vicodin and heroin … I went cold turkey … after about 2 days you should start having some energy… food won’t b good. Be sure to take vitamins and water . Message me I have a few remedies that can help . 5htp will re build brain function … ashwaganda and L-theanine were crucial in my recovery … take care of your temple !

5 Likes

I commend you I couldn’t have made it through all of that. Pretty sure I peeked last night. Was sure I was dying. Seemed to get about 3 hours total of sleep and now is just the miserable flu pains. Ugh ready for this all too be over :sob::sob:

2 Likes

It’s tough I know but remember it is possible there’s living proof of it all through these threads ,I’m 5 weeks off heroin and benzos,so I know what your going through .it’s not easy and I aspect your not getting much sleep either,all I can say for some advice is if possible,don’t have a hectic schedule for atleast a week to two weeks ,of you don’t feel like eating just drink loads of fluids,take some flu remedies for the cold like symptoms,fresh air so a slow steady walk maybe with a friend you can talk to ,and if you haven’t already it would be advised to get to some sort of thearpy sessions,please keep reading others story’s and journeys and remember to stay connected and be gentle and patient with yourself.DONT SUFFER IN SILENCE.XX

3 Likes

7 days off codeine,dehydrocodeine,pre gabalin and gabapentin it does get easier

2 Likes

In…no. was in 100% IT SUCKS!!!

I was checking on you. I hope you are doing ok. I will be praying for you. Take care.

1 Like

Yes I would be glad to talk to you.
I have almost 2 years.
I still have shitty days. I shouldn’t. Because things are far from perfect if I look back from the day that I went into detox till now. I should be happy about everything.
You have to keep busy. Get into A.A.
I tried NA. Just wasn’t for me.
Let me know what you my want to know.
I was snoring about 15 to 20 blues a day. And that was not enough anymore. So yes I know dope sick.

2 Likes

How you getting on that’s aload of pilks to come off I take ityour from the UK .hope ya holding out for better days