Any opioid addicts here?

Hi brother.i use to smoke heroin for years

I love to hear that. Cravings can pop up out of nowhere there so donā€™t let a temporary feeling cause you to fall. Im always here if you wanna talk

1 Like

Yesā€¦ Cravings are a bitch. But I got in my head Iā€™m done. Thank you for your support. Iā€™m here for you as well :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Day 68 no opiates for me. Yay!

4 Likes

Iā€™m an opiate addict and have 22 days clean and sober. It gets easier. Have you considered the alternative?? Suboxone treatment has worked amazingly for me. Even with the questionable self doubting all the time itā€™s worked out well in the end. Stay strong my friend.

3 Likes

I was an opiate addict (fentanyl). There isnt much I can say that has not already been said. I believe in each and every one of you. I remember feeling like the only way out was death. I am 252 days clean today. Be proud of yourself! God bless!

5 Likes

Just over a year and 4 months clean. I wonā€™t go into how much I used or any ā€œwar storiesā€ but it was bad. $150+/day heroin habit for a long time. After a few arrests and a loss of not only my will to live, but my will to do literally anything outside of using and eating ice cream while burning holes in motel furniture I begged a judge to allow me to go to treatment. A 30 day, 90 day, halfway house, and sober house later I went back to society. Iā€™m now wrapping up a degree, and have more value and self worth than ever. It definitely gets easier. Got a meeting. You donā€™t need one every day, but you need to find meetings you actually get something from. Quality>quantity. And its cliche but "people places and things means more to me than the rest. If you, or anyone else reading this ever needs an ear or anything else feel free to contact me. Best wishes to all of you. Itā€™s the hardest thing youā€™ll ever have to do at first. But itā€™s easily the most worth it. More so each day.

4 Likes

Iā€™m 40 days sober from opiates today. At my worst point I was snorting 90-120mg of roxycodone 5-6 days a week (basically every week till ran out of money). I was spending rent, electric, food, everything on pills. And when I couldnā€™t get pills Iā€™d get heroin. It was a very very dark time.

I can say that the biggest thing that has helped me is suboxone. It blocks receptors in your brain that make you feel that craving. I donā€™t even want opiates when Iā€™m on it. However, it is only a temporary solution and if you take it too long you can get physically addicted to it, which is where Iā€™m at now (my own fault). Only take it for maybe a couple weeks, but itā€™s great if you are having trouble staying sober on your own. Trust me, I know that withdrawals from opiates are the worst. But it gets better! You just have to make it through the first week or so, and it gets easier.

4 Likes

I think that is so true Dan. One of my problems with staying sober is Iā€™d run into it somewhere and think oh well I can do it Just this once. And that would set me back a month. I know now I canā€™t even do it once. I do not have control over it. Part of recovery is having self awareness. I know I will still get cravings and I just have to remember NOT EVEN ONCE.

3 Likes

Right here baby! Iā€™m a heroin addict and this is also my 50th time I try to quitā€¦ Idk for me the withdrawals got easier but I kept lowering my shot usage and I bought subs which help me out a lot otherwise I wouldnā€™t have made itā€¦ Today is day 2 for meā€¦ So far so goodā€¦ I just donā€™t understand why I keep going backā€¦ Itā€™s like I enjoy putting my body thu hell smhā€¦ Just gotta keep busy and keep thinking positiveā€¦ Good luck to everyone!

3 Likes

Jacksonville Fl where I live is a pill mill city so itā€™s very hard to escape. I had to cut so many people out of my life to try to avoid it.

The suffering and withdrawal symptoms is a big motivator for me with staying sober. The first week is the hardest and is where I struggle the most. Iā€™ve done it so many times when I feel that itch I try to remember how horrible withdrawing is and how I donā€™t want to go through that again!! It helps (sometimes)

2 Likes

Iā€™m also on suboxone. Trying hard to stay on just one 8mg film. I think I can manage that. Most people I hear start with two 8mg films or more. But with a hard core addiction of 10 years like Iā€™ve had, itā€™s absolutely necessary for me to take it right now. It was hard for me to accept it but I need it to function. Kudos to you for being open about it.

When I say ā€œit gets easierā€ I mean itā€™s a hell of alot easier than getting loaded every day. Struggling to come up with money. Losing all self respect for yourself. Losing respect from others. Losing family. Getting walked on from so called ā€œfriendsā€. Learning that they were never friends at all. Looking like shit day in and day out. So if sobriety eliminates all of that, then sobriety is definitely easier. No question.

5 Likes

I agree with @bre.bre recovery is easy. I was living a version of hell as an alcoholic. Iā€™m not going to pretend like Iā€™ve not struggled but I did things differently this time. I worked on me and recovery is absolutely easier than attempting to drown everything that came up. It was an illusion I solved not one problem that way. Maybe I didnā€™t have to feel it for a little bit maybe because it sure took a lot of vodka to not hurt I think it has been said by one member on here that I must of hated myself to poison myself daily.

2 Likes

Early recovery is a a mother ****** no lie. But where I am now is exponentially better than where addiction took me. I would be lying if I told you at first I didnā€™t question the process. But Iā€™m embracing it now. I truly didnā€™t think that I was fixable when I started this journey 7 months ago. I thought alcohol had beat me. I will never say I beat it but today I didnā€™t drink. I donā€™t want to make you feel like you are failing at this Iā€™m just trying to inspire you and others. And the drug of choice debate I donā€™t go there often I think that the problem is addiction. I have friends that are trying to quit it all booze, opiates, meth and heroine the thing I see in us all is we are fighting addiction and what drove us to our drug of choice.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a hard road. If itā€™s in your head to stop it helps a little. I cleaned my car out today and found a bottle with 90 pills in it. I disposed then quick. I know how easy it would be to do them. Drugs are everywhere. Itā€™s up to you to do them or not. You got a head use it pal. Run your life. Itā€™s your life.

4 Likes

At the end of the day, YOU make your sobriety what it is. If you think using is easier by all means do whatā€™s easier for you. But when it comes to sobriety, the addict who wants it and stands behind that sobriety shouldnā€™t look at it negatively. Because to me that sobriety obviously holds no weight or true value in their life. I hope you have a better outlook on the positive change sobriety brings us addicts. It would be a shame otherwise.

Was on suboxone once, not an option this time.

Not an option for me this time.

Im a recovering addict. My primary addiction was opiates, pills, heroin. Towards the end though I also became addicted to cocaine, speedballs. Iā€™ve always had an alcohol problem to some extent. At a certain point, it all interwines.

Anyways, Iā€™m almost 6 years sober now. I trying to re-invest in recovery a bit as the last few years Iā€™ve gotten super busy with life (family, school, career) and treating my addiction has taken a back seat.

I got sober in AA. What I ultimately realized, after some initial, unsuccessful attempts to get clean/sober, is that the substance really doesnā€™t matter. Itā€™s completely secondary to the symptoms and underlying causes. For example, guilt, shame, and remorse feel exactly the same for an alcoholic as it does for a heroin addict. I think once I was able to see beyond the substance I was able to focus on the things that really helped me grow and sustain my sobriety. The types of principles and truths that sustain my recovery are universal ideas, such as acceptance, patience, tolerance, open-mindedness, etc etc

Anyways, good luck in your journey.

2 Likes