Any opioid addicts here?

Best thing for restless legs is to hydrate drink and force yourself to drink water. Ive taken gabapetin and it never really did much for me…but there are plenty of us opiate addicts here although u do see alot of alcohol here…

3 Likes

We’re here and this is a battle I feel you you gotta want it as bad as you wanted getting high! You got this!

1 Like

Got that right on the head. All the effort stealing, impersonating,scamming ,working usually wding while doing it just to get high. Put that effort in quitting and u will come out winner! Comin up on the month soon gurl…your doing awesome exspecially ct!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I’m really fighting hard I want it so bad!! Same to you my friend!!

2 Likes

First of all-I make no judgements about how anyone reaches their goal of success. I have been addicted to heroin and Rx opiates for over 30 years and I use bupenorphine every day.some would say this is not sobriety.without being pretentious,I have to only speak for myself when I say this is sobriety…this is clean time. I have been successful in changing my life in so many ways and I consider myself working an honest program.I’m not in legal trouble,I can pay my bills,I now care genuinely about myself and my loved ones, I have never been successful to this degree on any other attempts to change my life like this time. So if you can do it without any drugs at all, good for you, you have made the right choice. I will eventually stop taking this drug but for now it’s my sanity.90 days today btw. PAWS comes and goes just like any other form of mental and emotional imbalance. My only advice is trust your instincts, trust your sponsor, trust your counselors, trust the process.progress, not perfection, and don’t use, no matter what

1 Like

Yep… Pain pills

Have you got any clean days under your belt @Angel0303.
I’m a recovering heroin addict amongst other things. Welcome to the forum/group.
Are you considering going to NA or smart recovery or anything like that, I can honestly tell you that I simply would not be alive and sober/clean today if it weren’t for NA :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Heroin addict here :raised_hand: currently 11days sober which is the second longest time I have ever gone without. Also battling the never ending boredom of not knowing how to spend my time without any drugs.

Mate for now I would say live with the boredom for a little while.
Have you been going to NA. That’s where I’ve been getting my kicks since getting clean.
Welcome to the group/forum by the way. :slightly_smiling_face:
Whereabouts in Germany do you live :+1::slightly_smiling_face:
Well done on your 11 days btw, how were the withdrawals :slightly_smiling_face:

So much more you can do with your life without waking up like clock work 8-10hrs later sick. Then planning or scheming or waiting for the dealer to reply. Then after you score you just keep repeating the cycle of insanity the next day. Id advise getting thru detox until you can get motivation then start making some goals you wanna do and do them. Usually we have to drop every friend we had but what you can actually do unchained from dope on your own can be a blessing ! I never thought id ever get thru that horrible wd but now that i have i learned my lession. You touch a hot iron its gonna burn u every time …stay strong and think about what path you wanna take with your life. there is alot to learn about ourselves in the first year with many test along the way.

1 Like

Day 11 i woulda told u to just shoot me :smile::rofl:

1 Like

Tell me about it, I was reading an article that someone had linked on here earlier and it was Saying the physical withdrawals should be gone by day eight. I was thinking hell no, I was still stuck on a toilet with liquid spewing from both ends till long after day eight
Regarding your mentioning Milwaukee tools the other day I always despised DeWalt and was going to go with Milwaukee and would have some of their cordless chop/mitre saw had the cutting capacity that could match the 305mm DeWalt flex volt one, I know Milwaukee do a ten inch but I really needed the twelve.
What’s your trade mate, I’m a carpenter. Do your watch that vgc construction YouTube channel, their big in to Milwaukee. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Im a mechanic by trade now. I used to do concrete work for a living before still do help do some stamp concrete time to time. I have watched vince and his reviews. Milwaulkee is releasing some new tools soon in Oct. From what i understand and seen. They are alittle behind on some tools but way ahead in others. Im sure u give it time i bet they will. Dewalt is ok …they like to get hot though … My last one burnt up and i had enough of burned up dewalt drills and wanted to start over now i dont have to be cheap anymore lol…

Milwaukee are the same price as DeWalt here, I havn’t personally encountered any issues with them out know anyone who had. If the day comes when they let me down I envisage all mind being,‘stolen,’ and replaced with Milwaukee with the insurance money. :joy:
The 54 volt flex volt battery platform works well for the powerless sirs I tend to be on these days each to their own I suppose. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

@anon13078412 72 hours so far. It’s been hell. Today was by far the worst day for me. I can’t get out of bed. Can’t eat. Just drinking too stay hydrated.

@anon13078412 How many days for you?

I am at day 5 and wondering if anyone had any tricks for the withdrawals thanks

Check out the thomas recipe some helps and some doesnt that will be for you to decide. At day 5 im sure your feeling it all full force right now just hang in there after a month its alot more manageable but not over. All i used was a vitamin supplement like emergen-c and probiotics. I tried tea, pills, everything i could for sleep but nothing worked. Only thing i can tell ya is be patient and wake up and go to sleep at the same time even if your not tired. Getting a new routine is key and your body will begin to follow it in time. Goodluck on your recovery…

2 Likes