Anybody out there?

I could really just use some clean and sober people to talk to. A little motivation wouldn’t hurt. I’m so close to picking up that phone but I know all it leads to is pain. I’m sick of that pain.

2 Likes

Lot’s of folks here. What’s on your mind? Might want to pick a thread and jump into the conversation.

1 Like

Hey! Welcome :slight_smile: It’s really great that you reached out here instead of picking up the phone…

In terms of some motivation, give this thread a read, it might help:

You may also find this useful:

Then like @Yoda-Stevie says there are plenty of conversations to be had here!

I deleted a lot of numbers out of my phone…wasnt worth the temptation. This is a great place to fight an urge.

2 Likes

See my problem is that I’ve discovered that you can retrieve deleted contacts super easily. I just need to break the phone really. Or maybe a factory reset would make it so deleted contacts can’t be retrieved. Idk. Thanks for the reply tho. Still haven’t even glanced over at my messages or contacts. It’s a start.

Yikes…glad I dont know how to do that. Tough spot to be in. If nothing else…live on here and read as much as possible when the urge hits

Ya it’s stupid easy.

I haven’t left since I found this place this morning. Plan on staying all day lol

4 Likes

You can do this. You know how I know? You were sober a minute ago. Minute by minute, its turned into sober hours today. You can repeat these minutes! I agree with deleting the numbers. Write down the important numbers and reset that thing!

4 Likes

Something that helped me in the beginning was writing down why I want to be sober. I had pieces of paper with this in my pockets. On my phone screen. All over my house, work and car. I had to remember why I refused to pick up that drink. My life truly depended on it.

2 Likes

Thank you. I think you’re right. I gotta get rid of this thing. But then how would I chat with all you wonderful people?

Just reset it to ditch all the numbers, load the app back on and log in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol lost the laptop to the pawnshop months ago

You are never alone… You are surrounded by wonderful sober :two_men_holding_hands: who are going thru the same as yourself … We have all been there and by the way WELCOME… 94 days sober

2 Likes

Good on you for reaching out. We are here, and we are cheering for you to stay sober. Like you say, all you will find is pain. You may be in some pain right now, and I understand that entirely and I can relate right now… but going back to what brought you here will not solve anything. Calling and/or visiting those same people will lead you to destruction, and I guarantee that.

Hold firm, stay the course. Your sobriety is worth the discomfort. Stay sober for the rest of today. I urge you to find something relaxing to do, go for a walk, draw a picture of how you feel, listen to good music while meditating and stretching or exercising, take a cold shower. Occupy your mind in a way you wouldn’t usually have done when you were drinking or using.

I believe in you and I wish for your continued resilience. Fight for your life because that is all that matters right now.

Godspeed and love to you, my friend.

6 Likes