Anyone else on Day 1 today..?

Maybe you should talk to a doctor? About coughing blood.

1 Like

It my second day of been sober and it is going good

6 Likes

I see a bunch of brave people here ready to take back their lives. The early hours and days are hard but they are fucking worth it, i promise you. Lean on eachother, hold eachother accountableā€¦ reach out for help. Best wishes to all of you.

7 Likes

Second Day, still feel like shit and bad with my self. Not the same pain as yesterday in my body, and Im glad for that. Last time the pain in my body stayd for many days. Just feeling really sorry with my self for drinking, tired, No energi and my head feels Just not with me.

3 Likes

Today is the most important day. I canā€™t do anything about yesterday and I donā€™t really have a lot of control over tomorrow. I donā€™t even know if Iā€™ll be alive tomorrow. Life is uncertain like that. Itā€™s too much for me to think about the next year, or the next month, or the next week, or even the next day. Each day has enough trouble of itā€™s own to worry too much about the future. All I have is today. Letā€™s just focus on making today count.

6 Likes

Thank you for this one :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Second day here - pushing for that 7 days. No motivation or drive at all - planning to go on a run later to clear my head. Sending positive vibes to all on their first few days!

2 Likes

Starting day 2. Should we start a new day 2 thread or keep this one going as we move forward?

2 Likes

On Day 2. Doing ok. Just trying to keep distracted and busy.

2 Likes

Going into day two in a few hours myself. You got this!

3 Likes

We can keep going here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™m also in the ā€˜day oneā€™ clubā€¦again.
Day one. Looking at a dry weekend ahead and taking it from there!

2 Likes

Do you have any plans for the weekend to keep sober?

Yes. Working! Sat, sun and mon. 12 hour shifts. However as soon as I get home Iā€™m brushing my teethā€¦that way I wonā€™t want to drink. Trying it to see what happens. I lack self discipline.

2 Likes

Im going to work aswell, to work everyday helps me keep busy and not drink. Its when Im off i get in trouble. If I dont have nothing to do and use my body to be tired, I can easy fall out drinking.

Lets not drink this weekend togheter :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Deal. Hereā€™s to a dry weekend!

5 Likes

First time postingā€¦Iā€™m still early on in my first time trying to really quit drinking while also admitting Iā€™ve been an alcoholic for 25 years and not just a ā€œsocial drinkerā€. I feel like each day is day one, honestly. I am thankful to read your posts and am inspired by the motivation everyone has towards sobriety and the life it offers. Iā€™m really curious where my sobriety will lead me, but also a little scared.

2 Likes

Day 1 for me! I had more than a month and then went on a crazy binge. Im So ready to feel good again.

4 Likes

I am.new here and I am.on day 2

5 Likes

I ditto your thoughts. Heavy drinker for 35 years. I knew there was not much time left for to stop. It ment my life. 32 days now and living one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Really great people on this site. We are all in this together. Letā€™s all lean on each other for support. We can and will do thisā€¦ :+1:

7 Likes