Anyone else on Day 1 today..?

I was and still am scared. What scare me the most is to die from my Kids while they still are young. I lost my dad to alcohol at age 20, he barely turnd 50.

Take minut by minut, hour by hour and day by day. Check in here a lot and ask for help. You can do it.

3 Likes

Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:How are you doing this far?

Take it easy,eat food when you feel like it ,drink nice fluidsā€¦get support outside of the app aswell if you canā€¦get as much support as possibleā€¦lots of hugs to you all . itā€™s amazing when there is no desire to drink ā€¦hold onto that feeling :star2::pray::star2::blush:

How is everyone today?

Hi! Hope youā€™re great. For me itā€™s day one againā€¦ :sleepy: Feeling really down tbh

3 Likes

Im sorry to hear that. But at least you did not give up, you got Back starting again. Keep strong, you can do it. Minut by minut, hour by hour.

2 Likes

Donā€™t beat yourself up too much, many of us have done the same thing (especially me !).
I had been sober for over 4 months, then pissed it (after drinking it) all away.
But now Iā€™m just over nine months sober.
So donā€™t feel too badly about ā€œday oneā€ā€¦ tomorrow will be day two, and soon a week, a fortnightā€¦ a monthā€¦

2 Likes

If you think that itā€™s going well today, just wait until it has been 2 daysā€¦ 5 daysā€¦ a weekā€¦ a fortnightā€¦
Then youā€™ll be REALLY pleased.

3 Likes

Yeah I think Iā€™m gonā€™a stop thinking in daysā€¦ And start thinking in hours. Might be more motivationnal

1 Like

Yes. I can not think days forward. Keep telling my self only: Im not going to drink today. And tomorrow I Will say the same. I Will not drink today.

2 Likes

Ho thatā€™s a good idea. Day after day. One day at a time :blush:

2 Likes

Weā€™ve got this :heart: One day at a time!

4 Likes

Just avoid that first drinkā€¦ thatā€™s what I try to remind myself.

2 Likes

I am right there with you! I relapsed yesterday and I have been beating myself up about it but today is a new day. Just have to continue to do better!

2 Likes

I am going to look into getting Antabuse. I sick of being a habitual relapser.

1 Like

So it looks like my work Will be closed because of the Covid. My plan was to work all weekend to keep busy, staying sober. Need to make a New plan. Today has been OK Day, with Both Kids home for homeschool. Really getting tired of this virus now!

Hope you all are doing good. Keep up the good job. I Wish for all of you to stay sober and feel good and alive.

1 Like

@Cat1986 Yes today is a new day. Make it a sober day and dont give in.

2 Likes

Youā€™re worth so much more.take it easy, :+1::rainbow::star2::rainbow::+1::pray:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone, Wish for you all a good Day to Day. Keep it up :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day one for me again. I have had too many day ones. I always go over the top when I drink and now Iā€™m at home all the time thoughts of drinking wine start around 1pm and I usually start drinking by 2pm. I hate it but just seem helpless to do anything about it. I hope sharing this with you guys will help this time.

2 Likes