Anyone quitting weed?

Hi im struggaling its my first day without no weed in the last 6 months i know its only been a day but im feeling like rubbish already ive got a horrible headace but i really want to stop as ive become lost in myself i started smoking again thinking it would make things better it did for a while untill i started under the infullence making mistakes and it started to affect my life

8 days clean from weed after a 20 year streak. Iā€™ve joined a gym so Iā€™m eating better, reading a lot and working thru triggers. Itā€™s hard to deal with that raw ish weed just numbed but I know in the end, Iā€™ll be a better person.

2 Likes

I am now at 126 days no weed. Best I have felt in a long long time. Dreams still vivid but now not every night maybe 1 in 3 nights. Ciggies next then sugar, my poor ole body not gonna know what has hit it. Congrats to you all I have done it so my uni degree is not a blur and seeing I want to be a nurse cant be doing that stoned.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been two weeks off the smoke tomorrow. Much like drinking, I have an issue with any substance. Itā€™s all the time or none at all. After smoking. for the better part of twelve years Iā€™ve gotten to a place where I realize substances are more of a distraction from life than a solution. Much like alcohol, I donā€™t think weed is inherently bad, but itā€™s a bad idea for me. Congratulations, I know itā€™s tough because of the ā€œharmlessnessā€ surrounding it. All comes down to how each person handles it. I couldnā€™t imagine Living without weed or alcohol. 5 months later Iā€™m actually doing things outside! Good going to everyone, and remember, no matter how hard today is it always gets better just keep at it.

5 Likes

Its monday again, and Im happy to say that ive reached 90 days sober. To see the time switch to the half a year mark, it feels like a long way to go again, but that will make it all the more rewarding. I am grateful Im not sufferimg from the ā€œdual headednessā€ of addiction at this time. That was a big struggle for me for many many years.

Hooray for sobriety! This is the best gift Iā€™ve ever given myself (and my family).

Hereā€™s to living up to our potential! Woohoo!

Iā€™m not actually feeling very chipper about life today despite how it may sound, but I am optimistic which is good enough for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just wanted to add I feel much better about being a weed quitter instead of a weed smoker

1 Like

Iā€™m struggling with it now.

Been smoking for over a decade. Everyday. Multiple times a day. Lately itā€™s been less, but still daily. I am struggling with letting it go completely. Somehow I always cave and grab.

I went a few months without it about two years ago, but thatā€™s the only ā€œbreakā€ I have ever had from it in the last 10 years.

Congratulations on your sobriety. Nice to know there are other people on here trying to quit cannabis, itā€™s friggin hard. Iā€™m on day 5, having a tough time with it todayā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

It gets easier. It takes about 6 weeks, but it does get easier. In my withdrawal I experienced mood swings, depression, suicidal thoughts, tiredness, anxiety, wanting to eat all the time, and awful vivid dreams.

Hang in there. Im so glad I did. At 4months+ now I am happier, more stable, more reliable than I have been.

I had a similar smoking habit and I am so proud of myself for finally being able to put it behind me. From multiple failed attempts at quitting Ive learned that I canā€™t drink alcohol either as it just makes my cravings worse and leads to relapse, so I choose full sobriety, which is the best decision I have ever made.

Hang in there! You can do it!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I actually said the same thing to myself today (itā€™s day two for me today) that I canā€™t drink anymore either, at least not for a really long time.

Full sobriety is the way to go.

How did you tackle insomnia if you donā€™t mind me asking. Alps, does your head still feel cloudy during the day?

I just lived with it šŸ¤·. I just stayed up late on my phone. Eventually it balanced out again.
I felt foggy for a while too, but that also passed. As of the last 6-8 weeks Iā€™ve had a clear head and felt like a normal functioning person. Yesterday I thought about how nice it is not planning my day around smoking weed.

1 Like

How is everyoneā€™s weed quitting working out? Iā€™m on day 2. Besides the cold sweats and cloudiness in my head, itā€™s not that bad. I can already tell how clear my lungs feel. There is a sense of freedom when i donā€™t plan my day around smoking pot. I quit cigarettes about 8 years ago and now weed. I smoked cigs for 13 years and weed for 21 years. I am 38 now. Just like with cigarettes, I was always trapped to trying to figure out when I was gonna smoke again. Smoking is like a prison. Quitting is like being set free. Good luck to all.

1 Like

Im about to hit the 24 hour mark. It has been absolutely killing me, and with my bpd it isnt making it any easier. But me and my partner are doing it together, in seperate houses and that makes things better and worse at the same time.

Thats probably for the better. as you both need to have your own sobriety routine. We all know being around a relapse by them can cause you to say ā€œfuck it!ā€ Tooā€¦ expecially in the early months of sobrietyā€¦

1 Like

Hey, Samā€™s the name. Iā€™ve decide to quit full-time so that I can live full-time.

Iā€™m just finishing up day 1. Iā€™ve tried a couple times before and relapsed. I have only been hooked for a year and a half now, but thatā€™s pretty much since the moment I started smoking it. I havent been more than a couple days without endulging, and when I do I go way to hard. Lately over the past 3 months Iā€™ve wanted to quit but felt like a passenger in my own body unable to control the urge to spark up, and actually weed has been giving me worse paranoia and more headaches than it used to. Iā€™m deciding to quit for good, with no intention of going back in the future. I vaguely remember trying this in the past and slipping back into old habits. I donā€™t like how much of my time has been a blur.

Iā€™m still an advocate for the plant and believe in itā€™s use, but Iā€™ve reached a junction in my life in which weed is no longer a good fit and Iā€™d prefer it to be part of my past. Iā€™m glad that there are others too on a similar path as I.

Totally bro! I feel all of that. Iā€™m doing a lot too address my mental health, and also starting out patient treatment tomorrow for sober support. Stay strong!

1 Like

Iā€™m on day 6, stay positive!

2 Likes

I was a heavy smoker for 8-9 years. I used to get extremely anxious, suicidal and think the world was gonna end if I couldnā€™t get any, I really used to let it get in my head. One day, when I ran out I decided to stop buying it. It didnā€™t really affect me, but I had a huge alcohol problem aswell , so that kind of compensated for it ( and Im not saying u shld get drunk instead) My advice to you is to watch youā€™re caffeine intake because before you know it youā€™ve had 20 cups of tea or coffee trying to comfort yourself and then canā€™t sleep all night. Plus, I dont know about you but when I was a smoker, feeling too alert used to scare the shit out of me. Get out and about, do something to distract yourself, keep trying to motivate yourself to do things. When youre trying to relax, have a nice hot bath, some hot chocolate, light some candles and watch something funny on TV. Good luck, you can do this

2 Likes

Ive been smoking heavily for 10 years for multiple reasons (anxiety, depression, ptsd and borderline) and im halfway through day 2. Its hard, I wont lie, especially still being an advocate for it makes it harder. I love weed and the healing properties it has, but at this time im done with it, for good.

The decision to not be a ā€œpassenger in your bodyā€ is the first step to a SUCCESSFUL rehabilitation. Really wanting the change, and for good, not just for a little amount of time, will keep you motivated.

Check in here every day, every hour if you need to. There is SO MUCH support from others in this group/app whatever it is, and it helps us all improve ourselves.

Im always happy to talk, im detoxing too so it will help me. If youā€™re ever struggling or just need to talk you can message me anytime. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This!!! Its as if you were on my head. I have been a smoker for 20 years, since I was 16. I just need to kick it! Day 4 sober. I donā€™t want to be numb anymore. I want to LIVE my life, not skate through in a cloud.

1 Like