Anyone with a history of eating disorders?

I read today, granted with no clue as to the reliability of the source, that 35 percent of women alcoholics have an eating disorder and 50 percent of people with eating disorders are also alcoholics. I agree it is very much like addiction. I have always thought my Dad had an eating issue. I think it is much harder for men to admit. I have to say that while I have been very successful so far with alcohol and nicotine, the binging and purging is getting worse since I began this sobriety journey. It almost feels like the binging was always the primary coping mechanism and I apparently have been managing it with alcohol and nicotine, so much more acceptable. However, I know that if I do not get my head clear, I will never be able to win. So, for now, day 22 on alcohol, almost a month on nicotineā€¦ Iā€™m going to focus on that. I do see a therapist and we are starting to do some real work now that Iā€™m sober. Even though it is probably true, I refuse to feel like I am cheating on sobriety with the food problem. I have to stay positive about my efforts if I am ever going to get a hold on this. Iā€™m 40 friggin years old. Enough already.

Yup. I hear ya I find myself going for days without a meal. I drop 40-50 pounds wind up in the hospital, get out gain weight and do it again.Itā€™s bullshit. Hopefully this will be it.