April 2018 Book Club -Join Us!

Hi all. I received 7 book suggestions for April.

“Recovery: Freedom From Our Addictions”, by Russell Brand, was the most suggested book. It will be our book to read during April. Discussion will be on Monday, April 30th. Here’s a link regarding the book:

12 Likes

Word! As soon as I finish Glaser’s book, I’ll start on Brand’s. Is there a certain time on Monday that our discussion of This Naked Mind runs?

1 Like

I’ll have questions prepared to start off things. I’ll post questions by 8am CST. Discussion will take off from there, throughout the day, as people hop on and off the app. I’ll be curious to see how a forum format works.

4 Likes

I habe it downloaded but haven’t finished. Do I have to finish it by the 30th?

Discussion 4 Brand’s book will be April 30th. It would be best 2 finish it imo.

Ok I was thinking it was March 30 lol!

1 Like

Wondering if more people are going to read Brand’s book this month. Guaging interest. Anyone else gonna read it??? :thinking:

4 Likes

I am waiting for my copy from the library but I’ve been waiting for months…I’m not sure if it will make it in time.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna read it. Haha, gonna wait till the last week because I spend a good chunk of my day reading and I will suck it down too fast.

1 Like

I LOVE Russell Brand! Such a delightful character!

Right now I’m reading “The Prophet”. I wish I had read it YEARS ago… it would’ve saved me years of ‘recovery’ by setting me up for spiritual success instead of emotional failure like most of the books I’ve been handcuffed too.

4 Likes

Seriously! There is gold wrapped in titanium contained within these pages of unadulterated truth! Any other recommendations?

I’m going to the library now to see if they have it

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Downloaded it on my kindle yesterday and fighting my way through it :+1:

1 Like

Wished I could read it in German. But I like the way he writes and enjoy the book. Hope to finish it until 30th of April :grin:

1 Like

Ive never done anything close to a book club. But ive wanted to read Russell Brands book forever now. So yes, i will be joining this one.

2 Likes

#NerdAlert :rofl::joy::metal:t3:

2 Likes

I’ve never done a book club either. And I’ve read a shit ton of books. This one seems like one I can do. Most book clubs dont read anything I want to read. This should be fun!

1 Like

ohhh, me! i’m neck deep in my current book but i will move through it with fury and get to this on my kindle! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Scooter this is the forum for the book club… glad you’ll be joining. I’m excited myself!

3 Likes