Atheist and Sober without god - please be respectful

This is creatied by our own OP@Compen , @Lavien.Compen , And our most frequent poster @anon42928441

Personally I would prefer to continue to use the forum too as I already have a big support network here and it’s such a big and active community. I also like the diversity of approaches. But it’s always nice for people to have options!

@compen if you don’t want to continue this thread the moderator team can always close it for you. Just shout if that’s what you choose.

Others may prefer to continue the conversation here though if it stays open.

8 Likes

@RosaCanDo its not a requirement to join just an opportunity to meet and talk to others like ourselves. We can separate discussions start topics or different staged of Discovery aka recovery. And also opportunity to chat via live video in groups or individuals. Rather than Awkward AA groups. Or having to type on our phones. Once again NOT A REQUIREMENT. Im excited to see how many join in a larger safe place to discuss our sobriety. Or just make Atheist or Agnostic friends.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this. I appreciate what you’re doing.

1 Like

Your welcome @RosaCanDo. If you like to Join I’m on here and can let you in.

@siand this thread is still here for you and any one else. And I will be checking in as it’s still just as important to me as the new page.

1 Like

Are you aware of the Talking Sober website where you don’t have to type on your phone?

1 Like

I am Im just never around my computer is rely on my phone for everything lol

1 Like

I would love to hang around here on the thread still with @siand and @RosaCanDo
Maybe I’ll actually contribute more but I also just love reading y’all’s experiences.
Facebook is a very toxic place for me and I got rid of my account about 3 years ago.

6 Likes

Fair enough like I say I’m still on here just thinning out the number of conversations going on at one time.

I appreciate what you’re doing Compen, but this is my place and my social network. I know it’s just an extra opportunity you’re offering which is appreciated.

7 Likes

I started this thread just to see if there were any other atheist in sobriety on this app. I am completely amazed by the response. I’ve been a lone athiest that has found a couple others like me in my lifetime.
Never had I thought I would find so many others. I am so happy that everyone has been respectful to and considerate of all opinions. Even when some have attacked our beliefs. I feel this has become my favorite place to be to feel safe to talk about handleing our addictions with such calm collective and well thought out methods.
I hope that my FB page is just as successful at being positive and insightful. I might just catch another crowd of us that use that platform. I don’t expect everyone to use both however having so many that do we can still share our idieas and celebrate our hard work together. Its mearly just a bridge connecting us together.
Idk about everyone else but I’m tired of hiding in the shadows of the majority. Our opinions are just as important. From now on and I have already started. Im comming out and being public about being athiest. When in convetsation or job interviews we all know that does come up.
I myself went to an interview for a position at my daughters school I spoke up and said " to be honest in am atheist" at my own surprise my interviewer was more excepting to me for being so honest and forth coming. Needless to say he hired me pending background check.
Anyway sorry about the long " what’s on my mind" I am so grateful to have each and everyone of you on here. This group would not be what it is without you. It is my honor to have you all!!! Im Jeremy Brooks from Kansas and I am discovering the sober me! And I am atheist! Thank you for letting me share my thoughts.

2 Likes

Sorry Jess I did not see your comments while I was babbling. Where here for you. I don’t always have the right words to say but you are and amazing person. I’ve seen the good side if you over last few days.

1 Like

I would take you as a mentor with all the kindness is have seen.

2 Likes

:pleading_face::pleading_face: ugh okay now I’m really crying lol if I wasn’t crying enough before. That means so much to me!

1 Like

You are stronger than the thoughts just fight through whatever gets in your way the better you is here to stay!

2 Likes

Honestly thank you! I knew it was a good choice to post how I was feeling here. You guys are seriously great!

1 Like

I don’t like seeing my friends sad I hope those are happy tears jump back on our pink cloud and get comfortable

2 Likes

Here I come! :joy: thanks @Compen

1 Like

Here Is a soft spot for you

2 Likes