Atheist and Sober without god - please be respectful

Thanks Idk why it feels so easy right now. I do have a great support system. And like right now i have this group to talk to. Although I do see the danger im what in saying.

3 Likes

Thanks this is a nice cloud. I’m getting into therapy hoping that will soften the crash. Im glad I can here your stories so I can watch for the next step.

3 Likes

I’m going to great lengths right now. I moved over 400 miles from where I’ve lived my whole life. And moved to a town where the only ppl I know is my wife family that all supporting me. I hope this cloud don’t crash to hard. Lol and hoping just this group alone is also a god tool.

3 Likes

I feel that knowing that I have atheist to talk to instead of sit down religious AA meetings. Is just awsome!

2 Likes

Idk jenny. I just try to stay busy with easy task to keep me calm and motivated.

I picture riding a cloud holding hands with another fly towards our futures. Lol

1 Like

Thanks @Thirdmonkey for your words of wisdom.

1 Like

5 Likes

We can vent and cry on our cloud. Lol I love this!

2 Likes

Like seriously my eyes were shedding some liquid I think it was emotions

4 Likes

To me atheist is not having a belief system at all I dont know about any religion and don’t care to.ive never cracked open a bible or studied about any thing that I consider fiction. I dont care about a hire power because there is no such thing. Humans are no different than animals when we die that’s it lights out cease to be anything or go anywhere. The brain shuts off. So you think when we smash a mosquito it dies and goes to a non existent place made up in its mind? No it dies the end lol. I know that’s just an insect but what’s the difference it was alive now its not. This is why I hate talking religioun. Its all fiction made up there is not proof of any of it. Its just made up so that people would feel like they have a perpuse in life. Just live your life don’t hate on others just get along and don’t push your beliefs onto others. Or discriminate against others for not thinking the same as yourself

2 Likes

Sorry for the rant. I’m not good with words. Or writing period. Just my thoughts of being atheist. Nobody has to agree or disagree all the same to me.

2 Likes

Atheists Discovering Their Sober Selves I’m trying to set us up a Facebook page because I think were out growing this thread lets see if I got this link right

1 Like

It takes me to the site but in an admin so I don’t know what it looks like on your side. If you got to it and its should have the invite. Im keeping it a closed group just for " Atheist in discovery" aka recovery

If anyone wants to try its there will be a way in there to sit up groups via face time I’m excited to see how its going to work. Its just in design stage so everyone ask a collective can help make it what everyone wants it to be. I myself @Compen my wife @Lavien.Compen and @anon42928441 are admins so in our free time we can with your help and ideas get this set up togeter. I hope this works.

Im signing out for the night

Just added a staff notice to your thread so that anyone who joins is aware that the FB group is separate from this forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have our first person added to our FB page thank you Brandon Lets all migrate to to the page as we have our grown this thread. It is a safe closed group. Anyone can find it but only members can post and comment. Also there is anonymous posting if anyone requires that.

1 Like
1 Like

I appreciate what you’re doing @Compen , but there are folks here who choose not to engage in other social media. I use mine just for family and some close friends. I am glad this thread on this platform exists.

8 Likes