AUGUST FITNESS CHALLENGE - Everyone Welcome!

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: I snort laughed

1 Like

Hi Kat, I can understand your feeling. For me there is a thin line between being accountable and stressing out too much about it.

I personally don’t think it’s necessary to post how we did each day. I do sometimes. But often not. And there won’t be people asking you how you did your day. Like: what you did only 2 sets? It’s not the point I think. I am working on following my own advice. :innocent:

4 Likes

If you don’t know yet how to organise the sets maybe try this. Only that you’d have to stick to the same time for each excercise :upside_down_face:

Edited: :flushed: oops, it’ll be 14 mins for all 8 sets.
August will be a challenge.

2 Likes

I’m in, I didn’t finish July, but I’m giving August a new try! Thanx for tagging me @Becsta, even though I failed July! :unamused:

2 Likes

There’s no such thing as failure! It’s just
about jumping in and giving it a go and you did just that :heartpulse:

1 Like

Because of my health issues those are impossible for me. However I do want to motivate myself. Am I welcome to check in here daily completing a walk around my block? That would be a good half mile for me. Perhaps as I commit to it I could range further.

7 Likes

Yes absolutely that’s fine!

1 Like

I think that’s a wonderful idea!! Welcome to the challenge :blush:

1 Like

I’m in :muscle::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::heart:

2 Likes

Well it’s Monday 1st August here in Oz and the August Challenge is officially kicking off! As @anon74766472 mentioned earlier, the SmartWOD Timer is a great app. I set mine up as follows

8 rounds of 1 minute with a 10 second break between each round. I found 1 minute worked well as - 20 seconds squats + 10 seconds jumping jacks + 10 seconds to set up into plank + 20 seconds plank.

Day 1 done :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

No worries, I actually had to google jumping jacks :see_no_evil: over here we call them star jumps :joy:

3 Likes

Star jumps are a thing here but like a more advanced jumping jack. How come you did a min. Just cause your badass? I was gonna do 20 for 8 rounds with 10 sec break

1 Like

I set 1 minute rounds and in that 1 minute, did 20 seconds squats, 10 seconds jumping jacks, 10 seconds to set up a plank and 20 seconds plank = 1 minute. Took a 10 second break and then repeated until I finished 8 rounds.

1 Like

Me too. That will be interesting. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Day 1 done! :white_check_mark: It’s says 6 rounds in my screen shot because first I set the rounds up wrong in the app… :roll_eyes: First I did 2 rounds and then the other 6! I enjoyed this, changed the jumping jacks for rope skipping though. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

That was more intense than I expected :joy: not terrible though.

5 Likes

Love the analogy @Astro :joy::joy:

We can’t seem to escape the squats @Runningfree :persevere:

2 Likes

Lol at one point during the planks I thought I better get another ab out of this :joy::joy: (my first 2 are finally visible)

4 Likes

Today was a miserable day. The feels like temp was over 100 degrees with high humidity. I wasn’t sure if I would reach goal but grandson walked around the block with me just now and I completed it. :blush: I changed to steps because of how my phone works and for accountability. I wish I was young enough to do what you guys do but I’m grateful to be able to be motivated.

7 Likes

That’s so lovely that your son joined you on the walk. The heat can make everything feel so unbearable hey! It’s funny because the majority of forum members are in the UK, US etc but I am in Oz and its been winter here for us. In a few months time I’ll be complaining about our heat while you guys have freezing temps lol

4 Likes