AUGUST FITNESS CHALLENGE - Everyone Welcome!

I think you might have misspelled “donuts” as “burpees”. Other than that, it’s definitely easier for me to read, thank you!

11 Likes

I’ll give it a shot.

6 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: I snort laughed

1 Like

Hi Kat, I can understand your feeling. For me there is a thin line between being accountable and stressing out too much about it.

I personally don’t think it’s necessary to post how we did each day. I do sometimes. But often not. And there won’t be people asking you how you did your day. Like: what you did only 2 sets? It’s not the point I think. I am working on following my own advice. :innocent:

4 Likes

If you don’t know yet how to organise the sets maybe try this. Only that you’d have to stick to the same time for each excercise :upside_down_face:

Edited: :flushed: oops, it’ll be 14 mins for all 8 sets.
August will be a challenge.

2 Likes

Perfect!! Thank you!! :blush: :+1:

1 Like

I’m in, I didn’t finish July, but I’m giving August a new try! Thanx for tagging me @Becsta, even though I failed July! :unamused:

2 Likes

There’s no such thing as failure! It’s just
about jumping in and giving it a go and you did just that :heartpulse:

1 Like

Because of my health issues those are impossible for me. However I do want to motivate myself. Am I welcome to check in here daily completing a walk around my block? That would be a good half mile for me. Perhaps as I commit to it I could range further.

7 Likes

Yes absolutely that’s fine!

1 Like

I think that’s a wonderful idea!! Welcome to the challenge :blush:

1 Like

I’m in :muscle::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::heart:

2 Likes

Well it’s Monday 1st August here in Oz and the August Challenge is officially kicking off! As @Diamonster mentioned earlier, the SmartWOD Timer is a great app. I set mine up as follows

8 rounds of 1 minute with a 10 second break between each round. I found 1 minute worked well as - 20 seconds squats + 10 seconds jumping jacks + 10 seconds to set up into plank + 20 seconds plank.

Day 1 done :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

Thx for the pics of the app. Will definitely help. :+1::+1:

No worries, I actually had to google jumping jacks :see_no_evil: over here we call them star jumps :joy:

3 Likes

Star jumps are a thing here but like a more advanced jumping jack. How come you did a min. Just cause your badass? I was gonna do 20 for 8 rounds with 10 sec break

1 Like

I set 1 minute rounds and in that 1 minute, did 20 seconds squats, 10 seconds jumping jacks, 10 seconds to set up a plank and 20 seconds plank = 1 minute. Took a 10 second break and then repeated until I finished 8 rounds.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I have never heard of star jumps b4, but that’s cool! I like to learn and now I’ll look them up and see how they differ!! :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Day 1 is done. Lol. I feel like I’ve gone from walking in the park(early on in July challenge) to climbing Mt. Everest without any gear!!! :sweat::sweat:

3 Likes

Me too. That will be interesting. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes