Auto-correct not working on Android

They already used cake, it was one of the first complete releases and for its time it was revolutionary :star_struck:

More like the start of a disaster. Pie has to be an improvement on the original.

Gluten buffalo cookie and plums

No probs here :pray:

Lol. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Thread necromancy !

Anyone else with this problem ?SwiftKey on my new phone wants to put the space on the wrong side of punctuation ?itā€™s only happening to me in the TS app and only since switching to a new phone (Xperia XZ1 Compact on Android 9.0).

Must search internets ā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s still happening for me. I can tell that a lot of people are having problems with the autocorrect still by the posts.

1 Like

Yeah autocorrect is still gone for me, too. At this point I have accepted that this is my life now. No safety nets, just honest spelling. Truly living on the edge.

4 Likes

Yeah, I have zero issues on any other apps. Iā€™m pretty OCD about typing things correctly, so itā€™s making me crazy!

2 Likes

Thank god im not the only person who canā€™t fucking type without autocorrect doing half the work

And yeah im on android i thought it was just my phone, too LOL

2 Likes

On a computer keyboard I type fast as hell, and correctly. Not on the phone.

2 Likes

Yeah, im on a Galaxy S8. Still issues.

Neither does chuck norrisā€¦

1 Like

Sucks not to have autocorrect. I use Note 5.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m gonna bump this, too. SwiftKey is frustratingly broekn for me on TS. It is not swift at all.

(mental note to go hit up the SK forums this weekend, tooā€¦)

1 Like

Just occurred to me to try using the website in browser (Firefox for Android) instead of the app. Here SwiftKey works like normal in the posting boxes. That work for anyone else?

This is weird, @Robin. Is the posting box on the app somehow tagged to be some kind of other style of text box?

Odd. I donā€™t experience this, so I tried installing SwiftKey to see if I could replicate this behaviour in the app. I also enabled autocorrect and all the automatic jazz I donā€™t normally have on, just to see if it all worked. And it did.

With the newest versions of SoberTime and SwiftKey installed, Android version 7.0, I have no issues. Prior to installing SwiftKey, I was using Gboard, which Iā€™ve also never had issues with. My phone is nothing special, low end (Alcatel OneTouch U5).

So mysterious.

1 Like

Yeah. I had no issues on my Android 8.0 phone.

On 9.0 autocorrect sort of works ,sort of doesnā€™t ,and punctuation is funky .

I noticed people earlier were having issues on 7.0, not sure if they still are.

Does it happen with any other keyboard like Gboard? If it only happens with SwiftKey, that could be a clue.

1 Like

Alrighty, letā€™s try with Gboard.

Oh snap. This works on Android 9.0 just fine. :slight_smile: :+1: Thanks, James!

SwiftKey+9.0+TS app=bad, mā€™kay?

1 Like

Nice! Good to know thereā€™s a workaround, at least. Hopefully it gets fully sorted!

1 Like