Auto-correct not working on Android

@robin, auto correct has stopped working for the app. I noticed someone else mention it as well. Anyone else want to chime in?

Typing on a phone is not my strong suit, so it now takes forever to post on here.

4 Likes

That’s what i thought too. Tried finding some setting in the phone that would fix it, then just gave up. I saw on another thread a newcomer apologized for typos because the app wouldn’t autocorrect and realised it wasn’t just me.

1 Like

I know it helps for @robin to know the OS and version and such things. Lets make this easier for him, shall we?

2 Likes

I thought it was just me too!!

All y’all need to learn how to spell :joy::joy:

8 Likes

I can spell just fine. On a computer this isn’t an issue. Just type like an old lady on the phone.

And a good day to you (both)!

:kissing_smiling_eyes::laughing:

9 Likes

Its also about speed too for me, i dont likw to stop to create proper punctuation or fix my errprs like you see here lol. This is why i like autocorrect most of the time.

3 Likes

I’m assuming with “the app” you mean the forum? And looks like it’s Android only.

1 Like

What Android version are you on?

Mine isn’t happeneing on other apps (thanks jeebs!). @Robin, sorry, yes the forum. I switched over to the forum via the internet and have the same problem as going through the app. Just tried my other apps and autocorrect is still working there.

@MandiH, it takes me forever to type stuff here on my phone. Haha, just another sign that I’m getting “old(er)”.

2 Likes

Get a lawn chair, find @Yoda-Stevie, sit in said lawn chair, scream at children to get off your lawn.

3 Likes

Haha, I’m more likely to yell at them that there are more comfortable, slightly larger pants out there. Boys, let your junk breathe a little! And pull that shit up!

1 Like

I miss when baggy pants were the problem. It was fun watching little wanna be gangsta’s from the suburbs try to run in the size 56 J’nco’s and fall all over the damn place. Boss and Fila for the win.

4 Likes

I stuck with the 28" J’nco’s. I was a wanna be skater. Well, I was actually okay at being a skater, but looking back I still laugh at how baggy my pants were and how I managed to keep them from falling down. I was definitely being told to pull my pants up all the time. Also, how “un lady like” I was.

4 Likes

I have my keyboard set to suggest words, so as long as I can get the first couple of characters right, I just tap the word I want. Only trouble is it keeps wanting to correct slang words.

2 Likes

I thought it was just a glitch in my phone so I’ve been really careful everytime i post lol :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

1 Like

My phone won’t allow it. It’s like an old girlfriend I had…constantly correcting me.

Man this latest update has been a complete damn nightmare, the bug to improvement ratio has been horrible, they mucked up the ui, and that damn auto screen dimming messed with my head til i figured out it was an actual thing and i wasnt just crazy thinking my screen kept getting dimmer all the time lol, the one thing they got right about it was the name…Android PIE…yep, that sounds about right :laughing:

Jncos!..with the chain wallet so the chain hung down to ur knees; so when u werent tripping over the jeans u were catching the chain on everything and tearing stuff up or ripping the back pocket off ur pants!..pure fashion anarchy :laughing:

1 Like

Should have called it Android Cake