Baby birdies thread ❤ And the cockatoo crew ❤

Bowing my head in prayer before I leave for the evening :joy:

10 Likes

Love the new big dinner bowl mum put out for me :heart: I think il bow my head in prayer before I eat :joy:

11 Likes

it really love this toilet roll thingy :joy: picks it up and flicks it across the floor and chases after it like its a dog with a toy :joy: also did a spot of reading and then contemplated why I think I look like a little duck sometimes :thinking::joy:… Departure time-7.15pm :heart:

17 Likes

U are getting some great pics! Love the thread! Have u given it a name?

2 Likes

I named it “baby” :grinning: I dont know what gender it is and it kept responding to me when I said hi baby, so I called it baby :joy:

4 Likes

No one puts baby in a corner.

4 Likes

Yessss ! Dirty dancing is everyone’s favorite :heart:

2 Likes

5 Likes

You are livin the dream @apes2020!! This is absolutely amazing!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@Private50 mickey I gave it its on thread. Enjoy :grinning:

morning visit: 7.39am :grinning: has discovered it loves broken up little bits of dry two mintue noodles. Its a challenge for it to eat coz when it trys to bite the little bits they fly off across the room so it goes and chases them to eat. Its beak-eye procession is phenomenonal , it knows exactly where the bits fly off too and finds them every time :joy:

14 Likes

Mum would you put the silly camera away just fkr a minute “death stare” :joy:

8 Likes

so I stand there having full blown conversations with birdie with the camera right up in its face pretty damn close, it doesn’t budge , it just sits there posing for the camera like it knows its having it’s photo taken :joy: and whilst I’m talking to it ,it turns its head left and right acknowledging what I’m saying kinda like you know how dogs tilt there head listening when there hearing you about to say the magic words like walkies or park etc? That cute little ingaged head tilt ? Well baby does that ! Being that up close to it made me think about how tiny tiny its brain and little heart must be :thinking::joy::heart:

15 Likes

Hahaha, he always looks super grumpy lol!

1 Like

I just love love love this thread - April!

What do you do at night? Does he leave for the night and then show up again in the morning? :orange_heart:

1 Like

So it first arrives at 6.30-7am. Every morning on the dot. It stays for between an hour or so , it eats, drinks, then plays then falls asleep for about 20 mins. Then it wakes up and eats and leaves… It comes back for the 2nd visit early afternoon 2pmish… Does the same routine… Then its final visit is about 5-6pm, its stays for an hour or two, same routine, its sleeping longer at this point… Then at about 7pm or so it starts to hear its family outside squarking as dusk approaches and it leaves for the night to go join its family out side for the night … :heart:

9 Likes

So it can basically see my window being open or closed. I shut my blinds and window at about 8pm. And I wake up at 5.30am every morning. I immediately open my windows and blinds. Its dark till about 6.15am now, so I get in my “me” time between 5.30am and 6.30 sitting in peace and quite watching dawn rise and having my coffee and journaling… I sit right at my window coz I have a good view of the sky there, so I assume baby can see me when I do this every morning from its neighboring tree/nest and comes and joins me at dawn :heart:

3 Likes

Not grumpy at all lol :joy: very cheeky and extraverted definetly. A very curious little soul :heart:

1 Like

This is amazing! What an incredible story! Thank you for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you! :grinning: glad you enjoyed :heart: