Back at day 1 again

So here I am. Day 1. Definitely hit my rock bottom. I have to stop or something really bad is going to happen. Im gonna try this again. No exceptions. Im going to look for AA meetings and actually go this time. Wish me luck.

22 Likes

Think of this so something bad does not happen.

2 Likes

As is a great place I couldn’t recommend it enough. It’s the best decision I’ve ever made x

3 Likes

I’ve noticed lately that you seem to post and then dissappear again. Maybe try sticking around and taking in some suggestions from the folks here.

7 Likes

Sometimes it’s hard. I feel shy or overlooked. Which makes it difficult

1 Like

I was talking to OP. You are plenty connected, which I’m guessing helps you not have a relapse.

2 Likes

Right there are moments thou. You ultimately have to feel safe :slight_smile:

Did I sound snarky :frowning: I didn’t mean to just sometimes it is hard to trust especially when your heading for sobriety

1 Like

Sorry :frowning: I apologize

Glad you’re here… Everybody’s here to help one another when we’re reaching out.

2 Likes

You can do it Andrea!

1 Like

Hey lovely Drea @Andrea_Sapp

How are you now? What’s your plan of action? What do you need to do?

How can we help you? Please talk to us :pray::kissing_heart:

1 Like

This time is going to be diffrent. Ive done some pretty shitty stuff recently. Stuff I would have never done if I was sober. It hurts me to realize Im a completely diffrent person when Im drunk. My morals go right out the window. I dont want to be this person anymore. Im ready for change. Im ready to be happy again, and be close with God. Im ready to DO this!

11 Likes

Cheering you on! The past is behind you so focus on doing the next right thing. One moment at a time if necessary. Check in here as often as you can! You can totally do this.

1 Like

Drea, so many of us on here have done some really shitty things. Seriously! Zero judgment!

So, what ‘Actions’ will you take? :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

The main thing is I don’t really do anything diffrent besides just telling myself I cant drink. I think that’s why there hasnt been a change much. I need to do something different this time. Any advice on things I can do diffrently this time? I know meetings are a must

1 Like

I’m hoping that people here with much more experience will chime in here.

In the meantime, what I’ve learnt is that just willing for change is unlikely to work. Some people have achieved sobriety by sheer will alone, absolute and utter determination. It can be done, but even then, those people developed what is called a ‘tool kit’. You can use the search function here to find some good stuff on it.

Our brains are inherently lazy. We have conditioned our brains to make us react as we have before. Habits.

Think of a few things that you do every day, and move stuff around to check this out. Move waste paper baskets. Move tissue/Kleenex boxes. The location of things like your toothbrush, toothpaste, hairdryer etc etc. you will reach for where ‘things’ were, automatically. You will throw trash on the floor. That’s your lazy brain, just reacting early in response to your ‘need’ before you consciously know what you’re doing.

That’s what happens with you and your doc. If you are not on your guard, your lazy brain will lead you.

It’s very, very uncomfortable, but you have to change your habits. Ideally, all of them. One minute, one hour, and one day at a time.

Make you your priority. Create new routines for yourself. Engage in self care as often as you can.

In meetings, you will find people who understand you. Zero judgment. People who will want to help you, IF you are open and receptive to receiving help. They’ll want to help, but they won’t force their help on you. You have to seriously want/need to get better. That’s all you, but they can be an excellent network and resource pool for you, to help you succeed.

Go for it and keep us updated on your progress.

I wish you nothing but the very best :pray::+1::kissing_heart:

11 Likes

I’m on my Day #001 too. Let’s make it to Day #002 together.

3 Likes

Hell yea! Sober twinz lol

1 Like

So come on here and bitch when you need too. Think of this as a support net.

1 Like