Back at day 1 again

Thank you. You too! We can do it. Im scared but Im ready.

1 Like

Weā€™ll get to the point where we will have no fear because fear, drugs and alcohol are just tools the clowns use to control us.

1 Like

You need to change your mindset. Donā€™t be scared. Be determined. Tell yourself everyday that failure is not an option. Tell yourself you will succeed and not fail. At least thatā€™s what I did. Almost to 120 days and no relapses.

7 Likes

Remember, everyday, why you stopped. Remind yourself and donā€™t forget! Itā€™s the reason why that is important to constantly keep in mind. Post here if it helps but find a way to remind yourself daily, that you believe, about why you have to not use.

2 Likes

This is the app I use for meetings.

Pretty cool. I used it in Egypt once.

3 Likes

Wow, that was truly great adviceā€¦ I got something from it! Thanks for being here helping us.:hugs:

2 Likes

Remember how youā€™re feeling right now: donā€™t forget it and use it whenever you feel like drinking might be the right decision!
Iā€™m really glad to see you here with us; Iā€™ve only been here a short time but coming here helps. I think of everyone here if I get tempted!

2 Likes

Andreaā€¦ GREAT FOR YOU!! Itā€™s hard but not impossible. Keep it up, just one day, even one minute at a time.

1 Like

Hi Andrea,

Donā€™,t be to angry on yourself. Try to learn from your relapse and change so you can avoid a new one. I like that you are going to visit AA, that is great help you can use. Try to be here more often. Iā€™m here since my day one and EVERY day of it. But it pays out: 1 year sober now.
I share you my list wich helps me too. I made it for me to guide me when I have cravings and canā€™t think straight.

• No alcohol in my house
  • Refrigerator filled with nice food and alc. free drinks
  • Telling my spouse about my sober plan
  • Avoid alcohol related activities and friends (at least in the beginning)
  • Having a day counter
  • Avoid wine/beer section in the supermarket and avoid liquor store
  • Taking a strong vitamine B complex
  • Taking melatonin to help me sleep
  • Be gentle to myself, like go to bed early, taking a long bath, etc.
  • Doing relaxing activaties like meditate, yoga, walking, etc.
  • When I have cravings: I donā€™t pick up that first one but I walk, run, work out, eat chocolat, watch Netflix, clean, study, whatever.
  • Ask for help when I need it.
  • Be here every day to read and check in sober.

Hope to see you around often! šŸ™‹

8 Likes

Me too tonightā€‹:pensive::pensive::pensive:

1 Like

Hi @Andrea_Sapp seen you quite a few times now posting. Glad youā€™re here :grinning:

What are you going to do this time thatā€™s different?

I would advise a few things which worked for me. Iā€™ve been in your shoes

• constant relapses
  • lots of day 1s where I vowed never to drink again but then 2 weeks after drunk alcohol

What Iā€™m doing at the moment is

• going to regular AA meetings
  • found a sponsor and working the AA steps
  • regularly checking in through my online platforms
  • making myself accountable
  • trying to change to be a better human / person (this happens through the steps, Iā€™m currently on step 6)

Iā€™m now 105 days sober which is amazing for me and I havenā€™t felt the need to drink once or even been close- this is because Iā€™ve made this changes to my life. There is a saying at the end of the AA serenity prayer ā€œit works if you work it, it wonā€™t if you donā€™tā€ and that is true

Hope you stick around and we are here if you need help or support :grinning::+1::ok_hand:

9 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I donā€™t know Cate. This sounds like good advice to me. Nice!
@Andrea_Sapp. Seriously, you have to change your life as @C_8 says.

2 Likes

@SoberWalker Iā€™m so glad you posted here. I love your list. Itā€™s such a good one!! @Andrea_Sapp youā€™ve gotten some great advice. Now just believe that you CAN and you WILL! Cheering you on!

6 Likes

One step at a time. Youā€™ve got this and youā€™ve got us. I am so proud of you for taking some action steps!!! Youā€™re heart is speaking loud and clear :heart: (Big hug)

2 Likes

I was there with you not too long ago. Go to a meeting and tel the room you need a sponsor. If you canā€™t stop on your own, someone will be there to pick up the slack until youā€™re strong enough. Then you start working the steps. Itā€™s not all god. Donā€™t make excuses for why not.

2 Likes

Hi @Andrea_Sapp :raising_hand_woman:

I saw that you just started/posted a new Topic.

I read it as an update to this thread (that you started yesterday), so Iā€™m copying it here.

The folks who reached out to you will more likely see your update here and see how well you did :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2: Keep posting your progress. Canā€™t wait for your day 3 update :+1:

2 Likes