Back at day 1 again

I’m on my Day #001 too. Let’s make it to Day #002 together.

3 Likes

Hell yea! Sober twinz lol

1 Like

So come on here and bitch when you need too. Think of this as a support net.

1 Like

Thank you. You too! We can do it. Im scared but Im ready.

1 Like

We’ll get to the point where we will have no fear because fear, drugs and alcohol are just tools the clowns use to control us.

1 Like

You need to change your mindset. Don’t be scared. Be determined. Tell yourself everyday that failure is not an option. Tell yourself you will succeed and not fail. At least that’s what I did. Almost to 120 days and no relapses.

7 Likes

Remember, everyday, why you stopped. Remind yourself and don’t forget! It’s the reason why that is important to constantly keep in mind. Post here if it helps but find a way to remind yourself daily, that you believe, about why you have to not use.

2 Likes

This is the app I use for meetings.

Pretty cool. I used it in Egypt once.

3 Likes

Wow, that was truly great advice… I got something from it! Thanks for being here helping us.:hugs:

2 Likes

Remember how you’re feeling right now: don’t forget it and use it whenever you feel like drinking might be the right decision!
I’m really glad to see you here with us; I’ve only been here a short time but coming here helps. I think of everyone here if I get tempted!

2 Likes

Andrea… GREAT FOR YOU!! It’s hard but not impossible. Keep it up, just one day, even one minute at a time.

1 Like

Hi Andrea,

Don’,t be to angry on yourself. Try to learn from your relapse and change so you can avoid a new one. I like that you are going to visit AA, that is great help you can use. Try to be here more often. I’m here since my day one and EVERY day of it. But it pays out: 1 year sober now.
I share you my list wich helps me too. I made it for me to guide me when I have cravings and can’t think straight.

• No alcohol in my house
  • Refrigerator filled with nice food and alc. free drinks
  • Telling my spouse about my sober plan
  • Avoid alcohol related activities and friends (at least in the beginning)
  • Having a day counter
  • Avoid wine/beer section in the supermarket and avoid liquor store
  • Taking a strong vitamine B complex
  • Taking melatonin to help me sleep
  • Be gentle to myself, like go to bed early, taking a long bath, etc.
  • Doing relaxing activaties like meditate, yoga, walking, etc.
  • When I have cravings: I don’t pick up that first one but I walk, run, work out, eat chocolat, watch Netflix, clean, study, whatever.
  • Ask for help when I need it.
  • Be here every day to read and check in sober.

Hope to see you around often! 🙋

8 Likes

Me too tonight​:pensive::pensive::pensive:

1 Like

Hi @Andrea_Sapp seen you quite a few times now posting. Glad you’re here :grinning:

What are you going to do this time that’s different?

I would advise a few things which worked for me. I’ve been in your shoes

• constant relapses
  • lots of day 1s where I vowed never to drink again but then 2 weeks after drunk alcohol

What I’m doing at the moment is

• going to regular AA meetings
  • found a sponsor and working the AA steps
  • regularly checking in through my online platforms
  • making myself accountable
  • trying to change to be a better human / person (this happens through the steps, I’m currently on step 6)

I’m now 105 days sober which is amazing for me and I haven’t felt the need to drink once or even been close- this is because I’ve made this changes to my life. There is a saying at the end of the AA serenity prayer “it works if you work it, it won’t if you don’t” and that is true

Hope you stick around and we are here if you need help or support :grinning::+1::ok_hand:

9 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t know Cate. This sounds like good advice to me. Nice!
@Andrea_Sapp. Seriously, you have to change your life as @C_8 says.

2 Likes

@SoberWalker I’m so glad you posted here. I love your list. It’s such a good one!! @Andrea_Sapp you’ve gotten some great advice. Now just believe that you CAN and you WILL! Cheering you on!

6 Likes

One step at a time. You’ve got this and you’ve got us. I am so proud of you for taking some action steps!!! You’re heart is speaking loud and clear :heart: (Big hug)

2 Likes

I was there with you not too long ago. Go to a meeting and tel the room you need a sponsor. If you can’t stop on your own, someone will be there to pick up the slack until you’re strong enough. Then you start working the steps. It’s not all god. Don’t make excuses for why not.

2 Likes

Hi @Andrea_Sapp :raising_hand_woman:

I saw that you just started/posted a new Topic.

I read it as an update to this thread (that you started yesterday), so I’m copying it here.

The folks who reached out to you will more likely see your update here and see how well you did :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2: Keep posting your progress. Can’t wait for your day 3 update :+1:

2 Likes