Back at it again a new

Hello all…been gone for a while. I guess I haven’t put in the work that’s required to stay sober or I.just wasn’t finished yet with my destructive behavior.

Well I’m tired. Scared. Cant do this alone. Praying for help and support from you all as you all have been there. Does it get easier? Continue to return to kids Dad who is also an addict as well…out if fear…loneliness…

Just left the supportive housing with my kids got a beautiful townhouse that I can afford. Taking time off from work to get healthy yet feel stuck.

Any advice is much welcomed.

Ready to be the strong warrior I know I’m intended to be.

7 Likes

Welcome back to the place where you belong.

The answers you seek are right there in your narrative. You need to put the work in, and break old habits and behaviors. You need to be willing to stand apart from old relationships, because they lead you right back to old behaviors.
This is about your future, and what kind of legacy you want to leave for your kids. We don’t get unlimited opportunities to change the trajectories of our lives. Each one missed is gone. Make the most of this one. Let this one be the point you can look back on and say “there…that is when I made the changes, that made all the difference. My kids and I are better for it.”

6 Likes

You have it all at your fingertips a new beginning new home you have your kids ,so now is the time to dig deep and start putting in the extremely hard work that is required for soberity to last past 6/12 months,get to a program if you have time off you have loads of time to do all those things that build a solid recovery ,I see so many ppl on here with such great intentions but they don’t take into consideration that soberity has to have a solid foundation so it’s not crumbling around our ears when we get those tough times which we all get go to your local drug and alcohol support service they can point you in the right direction look up your local n.a or a.a or smart recovy tbh the options we have are endless,your in s great place to start an amazing new beginning for you and your kids my advice would be grab it with both hands and don’t let go no matter how tough it gets.

4 Likes

Hi Yoda
Thank you for your response… and support. Your words speak to me so much. Putting in the work is key as well as realizing we dont get unlimited chances to start over. The time is now. One minute at a time I go.

4 Likes

Hi

Thank you for your response. Yes my intentions are well yet I have not been working any program consistently.

Im thankful as you pointed out that…that I have a fresh start…new home, my kids with me and the time off work to get well…better.

Plan on starting na meetings again tommrrow.

2 Likes

Hi D, welcome back :innocent: Lots of good advice here so far. I found meetings were the big thing that helped me make progress in sobriety after a loooooong time trying to do it on my own. There are lots to choose from & there’s a great thread here:
Resources for our recovery

You’re a worthy person & you matter. You belong :innocent: I’m looking forward to walking the journey together. Take care today & keep checking in!

2 Likes

Good to see you back and working on yourself. It isn’t easy, but it is possible. :heart: I am glad you have a new place and some time to breathe.

2 Likes

Great idea stuck with it even on a crap day still go as I find once the excuses of why you can’t go start creeping in its a slippery slope I wish you all the best

1 Like

Hello

Thank you for your response. Glad to be back. It’s so true. As I reread I know that I haven’t been doing all I should be.
I’m ready to fight for myself and my kids we deserve a better life.
Checking in here daily will.help and is a start. Thank you.

Congratulations to you on 199 days of wellness. Inspiring.

2 Likes

Good seeing you back and looks like you’re off to a strong start with your recent changes. As you know, you’re in a great place with plenty of support. You’ve got this!!

2 Likes

I totally agree but I also feel when we first begin our journey putting down is the most we can do I feel it’s later on maybe 6/8 weeks in we come to understand there’s much more to soberity than meets the eye that’s when we start really working on ourselves

2 Likes

Hey Matt

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.
Meetings helped me a lot too so I know that works. Taking it slowly right now and reading posts on here too encourage me.

Taking care today and checking in is my plan!

1 Like

Hello

It’s good to be back. Thank you! Glad you are doing well. Glad for the support this forum brings. :heart:

2 Likes

Hello

It’s nice to be back. Feeling love and support from you all is a blessing. :heart:

3 Likes

These fine folks summed it up pretty.

Just want to add that I am wholeheartedly happy your back. You know what it’ll take to get sober, nothing left but to do it.

3 Likes

Hi David

Thank very much for your message. I am glad to be back too. :heart:

1 Like