Back at it... Again

Well here I’m again. Feeling ashamed, embarrassed and honestly a little defeated. Pretty sad when you can no longer just have a drink but better yet have to get so bad to the point of where you’re waking up not even remembering how you got to bed. I physically, emotionally, and mentally CAN’T do this anymore. Luckily my fiance is VERY supportive of me and I’m terrified of pushing him away and also scared of future consequences i might face if I soon don’t get this under control. I’m in the Omaha Nebraska area if anyone knows of ANY zoom AA meetings PLEASE respond with infornation. Thank you so much!!

DAY 1.

16 Likes

Hi there. It’s great that you’re here and trying . Here is the code for an AA 24 hour zoom meeting . It’s a good place to start but there are hundreds of meetings, try this until you find your fit
Zoom code 2923712604
No password needed :blush:
The very best of luck with it all.

6 Likes

Thank you so much!! Just download the zoom app??

2 Likes

Yes just download it and then put the meeting number in. Your mic will automatically be muted and it will ask you to connect with video or not depending wether you want to be seen on camera or not . Then if you want to share you can click the more button on the bottom right and hit raise hand. They will then call on you when it’s your turn … or equally just listen. There are people on here might have more local zoom meetings that you might enjoy more but you have to start somewhere x

6 Likes

There’s some links to online meetings here:
Online meeting resources

Welcome back. Never give up. You’re a good person who deserves a safe, sober life. :innocent:

4 Likes

Thank you i was able to get into it! They are so support they said they will even wait for you to go to sleep! :sparkling_heart: i really appreciate it !

2 Likes

I’m delighted for you and so very glad it was of help to you. This is just the start, you will find an abundance of support on those meetings. Keep your chin up :blush: :heart:

1 Like

Welcome back!

Then from now the only way is up :arrow_up:

1 Like

Hi, im new to this, but i feel the same way, i dont drink everydat but when i do theres no limit, i have a baby 10 months old now and sometimes i cant even remember i put her in bed. It is hard for me to accept that i have a problem because im not a daily drinker. When did you know that something gotta change

Maybe now! Before it gets any worse.
Alcoholism is a progressive disease, so it will get worse, maybe not this year but one day you’ll wake and think " wow, when did it get this bad?"
Thing to remember is that there is no shame in deciding not to drink. There are people who have never drunk and they don’t feel odd.
Have a read around on here, use the magnifying glass above to search for any questions you may have.

1 Like

First time: when I felt flat down on a small table filled with burning candles and couldn’t get up ore speak.
Stayed sober for 5 years.
Relapsed.
Second time: when my daughter said to me “Mom, I liked you more when sober”
Sober since then and that’s more then 2 years now.

Give it a go lady! You put your baby in danger this way. Do it for her ánd you! :heart:

That must be hard to hear, i wanna do better for her, my father is a alcoholic and i know what kind of traumas i can give to her, she is the reason i wanna stop, but i tried so many times and everytime i think just one drink thats oke, it is never just one drink and i know its not oke, this is the first time i talk with others than my family about this and i think its gonna be a good help. I think its great that its already more than 2 years for you good job!

1 Like

These random zoom meetings are a good starting point. But find a local one “home group” and find a sponsor.
Obviously a temporary sponsor would be good from any group to speak to over the phone… but eventually a proper sponsor for face to face step work.

Remember AA is alot bigger than just meetings. As the big book states “half measures availed us nothing” or something on those lines anyways… Zoom is a great idea to get started but start looking into the full program. Good luck