Back to work anxiety

Hello! I’ve been here in and out since 2017.
I drank a lot last Thursday with my colleagues and i’m really scared that I did or said something wrong… I didn’t blacked out but it’s like a fog in my head. Usually i’m not very open to others but when I drink, I want to talk and be friend with everybody, talking about personnal things, asking too much question about their lives, I think I’m very annoying under alcohol influence. I don’t want to go to work tomorrow, i’m scared of the discomfort. Also, is there a way to shut our mind when the thought that we can drink in control appears? Because, sometimes I can have one drink, even not finished it, that is when i’m with some close friends but with larger groups, having too much fun I want to drink more. I know that if i don’t stop, one day I will hurt myself and the ones I love.

5 Likes

Set yourself a target date to start your sobriety journey. Use the time between now and then to focus your mind on your goal and prepare your mindset to that of determination and focus on succeeding. Re work dont fret as you cannot change what happened just apologise if you offended anyone. Am guessing that you didnt though. Keep us updated in how things went. X

1 Like

Aaaand I did nothing bad. Everyone was normal, saying hello… I really have to stop hurting myself like this, I had a shitty weekend because I was feeling guilty. I hope that this is the last time i’m doing this to myself.

1 Like

Ive had that too many times to count. A shitty weekend because Im sure i was an awful drunk with work people on the friday only for it to be nothing.
A great little reminder for me why i am sober. Thank you for sharing and im glad it was okay at work.

1 Like

When id drank id get intrusive thought s with the hangover it was exhausting (some thoughts flipping hilarious looking back)id check the house phones last 10 numbers to see who id rang go through my social media texts wattsapp email if i text a friend and they didnt reply id convince myself wed fell out when actually they were just busy!the more you over think it the more your mind invents a situation…rather than focusing on did you put your foot in it focus on what you can remember of their manner and reactions to you chances are they were drunk too!!

I HAVE put my foot in it drunk i worked with a really pervy guy would send me really disgusting indecent messages id made clear i wasnt interested and told him to stop this night he started again so i let him have it …he was disgusting didnt know how to speak to women socially inept and a dirty perv!i didnt just leave it there sent another one that one more comment id drag his ass to the bosses and persue for sexual harassment i was working in construction at the time so very male dominated i had to go to work and face it hed made up a story that id just gone crazy at him and when i walked in the air was blue everyone was offhand did i care not really they werent my friends i just worked with them but you know what two days it had blown over…forgotten and mr perv never text me again!
Try not to worry chances are you were perfectly fine!

3 Likes