Been on a bender

V true. I would have stayed sober after rehab number 1. Instead of going 3 times.

I wasn’t willing to do the work. That was always my problem

Not willing or not ready? I came back to England willing to get sober twice before coming back a third time actually ready to do it. The two times I went back to CZ, I pretty much (albeit unknowlingly) planned to continue the drinking and drug use as per the schedule. Shit, the night I arrived I dropped my bags and went straight to my favourite bar - if ever there was a sign, that should’ve been it.

I don’t know if you agree that you need to be ready to quit before you do it. Im of the mind that without being ready, trying to quit is pointless.

I wanted it, I just didn’t want to put in the work. I call it not willing, but I guess it doesn’t matter bc in the end I didn’t put in the work and then I relapsed

Seem to be doing great now bud.

I would agree. I wanted to quit long before I was ready to quit. It’s a difference between “head and heart”.

3 Likes

Yeah see even though my head knew it was the right thing to do, my heart didn’t want it. It wasn’t readiness, I plain and simply was content with being loaded all the time, it was normal. Then head and heart got together one day and said “Okay, this f*cker is ready…”

7 Likes

I’ve been tapering down so the withdrawal wouldnt be so bad. I’m ready. Depression and anxiety is real right now. But it has to be done

Day 1 here we go

3 Likes

Rooting for you dude!

You have to work every day. Remove alcohol from your home. Don’t go to places you normally drink until you can just order a soda. Every bender starts with one drink, so don’t have that first one! Participate on the forum. The people here have been great to me. You get out what you put in. You have to decide you’ve had enough and make the changes.

Whoop!

Have you seen this thread before? Even if you have it probably wouldn’t hurt to have another look :blush:

Keep checking in, read and reach out when you need to. There’s so much support here but only you can make it happen :facepunch:

1 Like

Good choice. Here’s some not so silly tips:

Set a time to get up tomorrow. Get up as soon as the alarm goes off. Then make your bed. You have started the day with two accomplishments. The next day, do the same thing, then go for a 10 minute walk. Outside or inside doesn’t matter. Just do it. Now you have begun the day with three accomplishments.

Everyday, strive to do one more positive thing than you did the day before. Decide to be better, and then be better.

Keep getting better at getting better each and every day.

3 Likes

Keep checking back here. Keep posting about your feelings. You will be amazed at the positive advice you will get!!

Love this! Yes, AA teaches you to make your bed, well reminds you to do it! Ha!

Yes wake up everyday, make your bed, pick up your clothes off your floor, start a load of laundry and actually finish it!! You can do it! Like @Yoda-Stevie said add one thing to your day every day!! You got this!

1 Like

So do the Marines.

5 Likes

Good advice there, enjoyed reading that thread :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice… great I just got booked a flight for a few weeks from now to go to Kentucky. And I’m terrified of flying, usually make it through them with alcohol… this will be a challenge. But I agree a routine is key for anyone

Good stuff Sean. Whats your plan?

Well basically in gonna go buy a house out in either Lexington paintsville or Louisville Kentucky and try to put together a blue grass band. Like these guys were saying take small steps towards goals. Today I made my bed did laundry cleaned they place up I used a straight razor successfully without cutting myself shaving for the first time. And I practiced guitar all day and then i went and saw a movie.

2 Likes