Before He Goes To Prison

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers Cade. Sending you lots of love and hugs. :hugs: :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks Lisa,
It makes all the difference.

3 Likes

Oh goodness. Time flies. I hope all goes well today. Please let us know as soon as you can. Iā€™ll be thinking about you until you do.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll be running the AA meetings in there soon enoughā€¦ :slight_smile:
When you think of us KNOW we are thinking of you. It wonā€™t be the same here.

3 Likes

And if there is any way for anyone to provide an address, I know I, and many others,would love to drop you a lineā€¦

3 Likes

At present, the deal is not going to get better.
It looks like today I will plead guilty and take the 3 year offer.
We are hoping to push my surrender date until after March, so I can complete my Intensive Outpatient Program.

14 Likes

Thinking of you Cade. Sending you strength my friend.

3 Likes

Thinking of you! I have followed your story all on here. Just a big hug I can offer. And sending you lots and lots of strength :muscle:t5::hugs:

2 Likes

So sorry to hear it is still looking like three years. PM me if you want to exchange snail mail. Iā€™ll be praying for you.

1 Like

I hope this is the case. Please do keep us posted as best you can. Weā€™re rooting for you.

1 Like

This just in :
I am free from now until April 9th, at which point I will plead guilty and turn myself in. We are now certain that I will take the 3 year plea deal and serve a prison sentence.

14 Likes

Glad to here youā€™ll have more time with the family.
Just a picture for you to enjoy~!

Edit:
this is Sanibel but I took it off another facebook friendā€™s pageā€¦ :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awww shootā€¦
I really donā€™t know what to feel or say, buddy.
Closure is, at least, coming to this sagaā€¦ But i canā€™t help but feel disappointed a little in the outcome.

Every day we see corrupt businesses, CEOā€™s, Politicians etc destroy countless lives through theft, greed, pollution, whateverā€¦ Never do i ever see them pay any price appropriate

6 Likes

If this is the price I have to pay, for my sobriety and all of the positive change that has come with it, then I say it is a fair price.
The real punishment is the damage this is doing to my wife and the fact that we may never be parents now, because of it.

9 Likes

Heavy potential price, dude.
Thinking good thoughts for you, mate

2 Likes

Wishing you all the best. I have been following your story and have to admit that you will be missed here. I have not seen a lot of people who have changed to the better but also accepting the past and seeing it as a chance to build a better future. Make sure that you never lose your honesty and positivity. That is really inspiring

5 Likes

I have to agree with @AyBee, disappointed and was hoping for a better outcome. Youā€™ve turned your life around and I wished for a lesser sentence. I see this as a total waste of tax payer money. You have so much to offer to society. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be happy to get this all behind you and move on with your sober life. Is there a chance you can get out early for good behavior? Or do you have to serve the full 3 years?

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to do everything in my power to maintain good behavior and get out early, with reduced time. That includes applying to the firecamp program and working jobs while Iā€™m inside.

And yes, Iā€™ve improved on myself, but I still havenā€™t paid for my crime. The lead that I broke are put in place to protect me, my wife and all of you so I canā€™t really be mad at them. Imagine how much crime would take place of all people had to do was turn themselves around after the fact.
With all of that said, I would do almost anything to stay out of prison, at this point. But, the fact is, I must goā€¦thatā€™s OK. Iā€™ll be OK and my life will go on in a much better direction. Iā€™ll be a better version of myself, having had the experience. My life will be fuller because of it. There is much for me to gain, in prison and, of Iā€™m lucky, even more for me to give others.

20 Likes

This. Set your eyes upon your earliest possible release date. Like hitting a bird in flight, focus all of your thoughts and energies on getting to that day. Resist the temptation to think beyond that day. Itā€™s about hitting that mark.

10 Likes

Sounds like you have a solid mind set. :heart:

2 Likes