Before He Goes To Prison

I wanted to add that I didn’t have the trial aspect the time I knew I was going to be incarcerated and was scared shitless knowing I was going to be gone so abruptly even as naive as I was with all the garbage I was doing before hand. I think you have a solid foundation going into a very different world and seem very prepared. Read a lot, stay clean (something I didn’t do) and I could see your time really going smoothly.

1 Like

This is kind of confusing to me. What are you trying to say? You can be blunt, if it’s easier… I think the wording is throwing me off.

Edit
Are you saying I’ll be lucky if I actually get out before the end of my sentence, because it’s hard to maintain good behavior?

Wow. That is really legit advice. Consider me agreed. Thanks for taking the time to break it down too… I kinda wanna keep this list in my pocket on the day. :pray:

5 Likes

From what I know, you have been very honest and sincere about your struggle in here. Honesty is the foundation for taking actions in recovery. I believe you being imprisoned would not help a soul but would mean atleast considerable costs to society and give pain to your loved ones. I really wish there would be other way to solve this. There is a need to fix what was broken and compensate the crime that took place. That’s a fact. Sorry for my bad non native English. I hope it was understandable.

The best of luck @MrCade
And what ever it will be, you’ll get through and return stronger

3 Likes

I haven’t been on this site that long but all your support to everyone here has been amazing. You’ve already proven to be a better person. It doesn’t make sense to waste tax payers money on someone that has so much to give to society. I pray for you and your family that this will be a very small sentence. Hurry back, you will be missed. :two_hearts: :hugs: :pray:

4 Likes

The 17th has come and gone - what’s the news?

1 Like

Hey Dan; he wrote a great post yesterday with the update. I just woke otherwise I would’ve found it for you…lol

I must be bad at searching Donna - I can’t find it! when you get time, if you can refer to the topic, that would be great, thank you!

2 Likes

MrCade

17h

Day 415

I am just up to my neck with gratitude and appreciation today.

Yesterday’s court appearance went better than expected. The prosecutors requested a continuance, so nothing is happening until January 24th. This is happening because we asked for a better deal and they were open to the idea, but needed to see the victim’s medical records first. (which is good on many levels)

That buys me 5 weeks of PRECIOUS time to spend the holidays with my family and better prepare for my stay in custody, when the time comes. It also gives me time to work a little more, before I go in, which in turn will give my wife an additional 6 months of health care, in my absence.

There’s more to be grateful for here, but I won’t bore you with the details. Just know I’m happy and feeling supremely love - OH! AND ALSO: Three people from from my IOP showed up to court for me, along with my sponsor!
How cool is that!?

13 Likes

First…thank you for all you do and have done to support us, @MrCade. You are a fine man - and a valued and loved member of this community.

Your outlook and gratitude bring tears to these eyes. What an inspiration you are. Know that you just gave me a huge reframe of some issues in my own life. I am grateful that you get to spend the holidays with your family and that an unexpected help for your wife has come along.

Blessings to you all, my friend.

5 Likes

Thanks for worrying about me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
With so many messages and phone calls going back and forth I forgot to update this thread.

Thank you @anon79808082 and @C_8 for filling in the blanks.

3 Likes

@MoCatt
You’re such a generous, loving person.
Thank you. I hope your holidays are full of people, places and things to be grateful for.

3 Likes

I have been a around and working with recovering alcoholics for a little bit now. And It shouldn’t surprise me at this point. But it still always amazes me to whiteness Devine Interventions in peoples lives.
To see things happen in people’s lives that would not have happened if they were as they were before. Next to impossible things! Just because they were living in the solution and not the problem.
Some call it coincidence, some call it God. But all call it a miracle

3 Likes

Go to as many AA meetings as you can before the next court date.

1 Like

Thinking about you, this day. Be of good courage, and you will get through this. The hotter crucible, the stronger the iron.

7 Likes

Thinking of you today, Cade. Know that you are never alone…and you have given inspiration and courage to all of us.

2 Likes

Damn straight.
Thanks Steve. I’ll come through this a better man.

3 Likes

My prayers are with you today also, Cade. So much love for you, buddy.

1 Like

I’m taking you guys in there with me. Thanks for always having my back.
@Mtrav0040 love you too, man.

6 Likes

Thinking of you and praying for you today. May you fund favor in the judge’s eyes. :purple_heart:

3 Likes