❤️ Best AA sayings

If nothing changes. Nothing changes.

6 Likes

When the pain of change becomes less than the pain of staying the same, then we will begin to embrace sobriety if we have the capacity to be honest.

7 Likes

Today’s favorite quotes via Bob D’s and his talk about resentments:

~Untreated alcoholism, especially sober, is a lonely business

~A business that doesn’t take inventory regularly goes broke (basically saying this is why we need to take personal inventory & do it regularly)

~We are never the well but sometimes we get to be the pipe and help others

6 Likes

I couldn’t stop drinkin’ unless I stopped drinking.

7 Likes

Drinking was fun until it wasn’t

5 Likes

I like the second one.

Another good one is
-If you fail to plan then you plan to fail

9 Likes

Off the cuff saying in AA I’ve enjoyed

• I didn’t just have a drinking problem, I had a thinking problem.

• Was it the alcohol that’s to blame for all my issues? What part did I have to play in it?

6 Likes

Official AA sayings:
“Progress not perfection”
“This too shall pass”
“God(dess), grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference”

Unofficial sayings I heard in AA halls:
“The bottom is when you stop digging”
*Every bottom has a basement"

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I love that.

4 Likes

sit down
shut your mouth
and open you ears

i also like
move your feet
lose your seat

3 Likes

AA works better if you don’t drink. I used to hear that more often than I do lately.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I definitely imagine not drinking makes AA work better.

2 Likes

No such thing as being brutally honest. You’re either brutal or you’re honest.

1 Like

There is nothing that a drink won’t make worse.

3 Likes

More will be revealed.

Day one or one day, it’s your choice.

Or

Your future needs you, your past doesn’t.

6 Likes

And old timer told me “you better take care of this before it takes care of you” that stuck with me.

1 Like

Stop counting the days and start making them count.

5 Likes

I’ve never been to a meeting because my town is small and I’m afraid to go in case I see someone I know so thank you too everyone that has posted. All of this is good to read for me. I’m almost wondering if trying to find something online I can attend might help me. The support I’ve seen here has helped a lot but more in other ways wouldn’t hurt either. I’m at 32 days but I still struggle every day.

5 Likes

Kim, you’ll go if you want to and when you want to, but remember, that person you might run into is in the same place for the same reason.
Online meetings are a good way to get your feet wet. Good luck!

5 Likes