❤️ Best AA sayings

Might have been said above, but one of my favorites is: “if you hang around the barbershop long enough, sooner or later you’re going to get a haircut.”

6 Likes

Maybe I should take my own advice from another thread and use that feeling as positive as well. For some reason it seems harder to use the open stuff- public I guess- instead of the private feelings and situations- for good and positivity. I think I’ll do some research…

2 Likes

“Keep coming back. It works if you work it.”

5 Likes

One I’ve been told many times, when I’ve not wanted to fully commit is your seat is always here for you but you can get a full refund of pain and misery if you want, no mincing words and extremly true words

3 Likes

“There is Nothing a drink won’t make Worse!”

4 Likes

Easy does it

First things first

Take what you like and leave the rest

3 Likes

Oh this is good!!!

1 Like

At a meeting a lady told her story of going on a cruise. Welcomed onto the ship and offered a glass of champagne. She felt the wobble and rang her sponsor: “I don’t know if I’ll get through this…500 drinkers in front of me”… Sponsor replied “500 drinkers in front of you, 1 million alcoholics behind you”

11 Likes

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

Thank you @Bootz ill try that. I’m a bit behind on my reading as I’ve been working a ton the last few days. I’m going to try to get back in here later to catch up! Thank you! :orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Sponsor said, "only 3 ways we’all end up… locked up, covered up or sobered up. "

4 Likes

On step 4 and 5 work

Give up all hope for a better past

6 Likes

Love that one! One of my struggles in sobriety is clinging to the past, so I’m going to remember this. Might even get it tattooed. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Something that the person that runs my home group says to at least one person at the end of every meeting
“If ya feel like ya need a drink then swallow your 24hr chip”

After one meeting when he said that I shouted back “If I can do that I don’t need a drink I need a doctor!”

4 Likes

That is the best description of surrender I’ve ever seen! It expresses exactly what I felt the day I surrendered and got my message. :heart:

2 Likes

1 is not enough 1000 too many

3 Likes

Oops! You got it backwards :grimacing:…One is too many and a thousand is never enough

10 Likes

“I can go to church to try save my soul, but i go to AA to save my a$$.”–G

7 Likes

Only 3 ways we get out of this disease- locked up, covered up or sobered up.

8 Likes

I got a good one I heard tonight at a meeting. If my right hand is holding Alcoholics Anonymous, and my left hand is holding my higher power, then I can’t pick up a drink.

10 Likes