Best advice you’ve ever received?!

Sobriety isn’t the goal, a good life is.

4 Likes

Recovery is Never Owned
It’s Rented
And Rents Due Everyday

5 Likes

:joy: When my now 18 y/o got her first boyfriend, (she was like 16) and she was going to have a sleepover with him and some friends. We’ve told her that it probably was a good idea to get some birth control (she hates small kids so we wasn’t really worried, but it can be good for a lot of other read too) anyway she decided to get to the school nurse office and get some condoms. The school nurse hands out them for free if you ask here. School nurse at the time was a lovely old lady, soon to retire.

My teen goes in to her office explains what she needs, and why (the friend/boyfriend sleep over) school nurse who’s trying to be modern asks a little carefully if she needs it to possible have sex with a boy. And my teen, who didn’t really thought about that there was other options says: Yep, who else to you suggest I’ll sleep with?

Needless to say that the school nurse called me, explained what happened and made sure our teen didn’t get her feelings hurt, because the school nurse tried to do the opposite and be open for about everything.

The sleepover didn’t happened but we still laugh about it.

2 Likes

“Don’t be afraid of the world, when your time is out, it’s out. No matter if you sit at home or climbing mount everest”

Or “If you ain’t got the time to do it properly, what makes you think you’ve got the time to make it twice”

2 Likes

Treat people the way u want to be treated

3 Likes

I read you write about this elsewhere. I also struggle with perfectionist tendencies. Even though my Dad used to try to teach me about making things be good enough. He’d ask me, “Does it suffice?” And he’d have to explain the word, but that stays in my head now as best advice. Good reminder, still hard to figure out!

-Does it suffice?

2 Likes

So many good ones here already!

If you’ve got one foot in the past and one in the future you’re shitting on your present. Thanks for that one @CaptAZ!

And there are so many more… But I particularly like: A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step :pray::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

They who go to bed with itchy bum wake up with smelly finger.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: ha ha ha old ones are the best :ok_hand:

1 Like