Best Advice?

What is the best advice that anyone has ever given to you? For me, after my dad died I received the usual sentiments and invalidating remarks on “signs” and “should have knowns”; however, through it all I received the best advice: “feel the feelings”. Through the years I have added to it: Feel your feelings, and apologize for none of them.
So what is your best advice?

15 Likes

“Never laugh at a pain you haven’t gone thru.”

Basically it means that you shouldn’t overlook, ridicule, mock, compare or belittle someone else’s suffering, ESPECIALLY if you’ve never had a similar struggle.

16 Likes

My prayers go out to you that must have been really tough :pensive: great advice .
Greatest advice someone gave me was dont move so fast enjoy your 20’s stop all addictions and forgive :pray::muscle:

4 Likes

“Don’t be such an asshole” -Wife

15 Likes

The two most important days in your life, are the day you were born, and the day you find out why.

I forget who said it

10 Likes

This wasn’t advice given to me directly but I’ve always liked it:
How you live today is how you live your life. :green_heart:

4 Likes

These days I like this one:
Mood follows action. -Rich Roll

5 Likes

Keep it simple. Sounds so silly yet so effective

7 Likes

Yeah, like
Don’t take yourself too seriously.

6 Likes

Never tell the first lie

4 Likes

My mum taught me ‘if you want something doing, do it yourself’. So true, especially in my house!

1 Like

Before you speak ask yourself if what you are going to say is true, is kind, is necessary, is helpful. If the answer is no, maybe what you are about to say should be left unsaid.

Bernard Meltzer

5 Likes

That is terrible for anyone to delegate worthiness to suffering. Hopefully you have been able to see you are worthy of happiness, and not because you have suffered the most.
Thanks for sharing!

“You can lose your money. You can spend all of it, and if you work hard, you get it all back. But if you waste your time , you’re never gonna get it back.” - Del Knox (Without a Paddle)

Always do something worth while. Keep looking forward but learn from your past.

1 Like

This is one of my favorites too.

If you aint first your last .Ricky Bobby’s dad

If nothing changes. Nothing changes.

4 Likes

images - 2020-11-20T155446.401
images - 2020-11-20T155735.370

5 Likes

Brilliant. I often think, I’ll allow myself to be rubbish today, then be perfect tomorrow. Of course tomorrow never comes, so I am always rubbish. Gotta just be do my best-ish everyday.

1 Like

Do my best every day. Not someone else’s best, just mine. Some days I fail, but as long as I keep doing whatever each day requires, I don’t fall through the cracks.