Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:21-24

Im sure I have posted this one before but I love it. Too many people think the bible teaches to “love everyone” and “God loves everyone no matter what” which is just a blatant lie. The bible is full of verses where God talks about his hatred, especially towards reprobates. If you say you love everyone, you love no one.

The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Psalm 11:5

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

2 Corinthians 6:17

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished

2 peter 2:4-9

What a terrifying God.

This makes me imagine God as a thug, rolling through the neighborhood of the unjust with a Tec-9, ready to make it sing.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:8-9

God definitely doesn’t put up with his children’s crap! Yeah, of course he loves us. That’s why he punishes us.

Honestly, God looks at death different than us. It’s not a big deal to him, just another step in our eternal journey. So, our death is not really as impactful as we feel. I’m sure he still mourns with those that mourn, but only because they’re experiencing sorrow. He doesn’t have the same sorrow as them.

28 But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.

29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.

30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.

Luke 23:28-30

But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

1 John 3:17

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 6:1-4

When you do good deeds don’t tell anyone! The rewards in heaven are much better than the praises of man.

My favorite is Matthew 16:26
For what profit is it to a man if he gains the world and loses his own soul?

Such a good one!

Ephesians 4:26 (KJV) Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Youre gonna get angry in life. Its a fact. But dont let that anger cause you to be destructive towards yourself or others. And dont let that anger carry on. Use your nights to reflect on your days and learn from the days experiences. Remeber every day is the start of a new oppurtunity. God bless.

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

Proverbs 12:15

Sometimes in life youll meet people that may just know what they are talking about. It would be wise to listen.

17 And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth.

18 But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

19 And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the Lord thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.

20 As the nations which the Lord destroyeth before your face, so shall ye perish; because ye would not be obedient unto the voice of the Lord your God.

Dueteronomy 8:17-20

There is nothing I have under the sun that is not thanks to God. I never forget that.

And Amaziah said to the man of God, But what shall we do for the hundred talents which I have given to the army of Israel? And the man of God answered, The LORD is able to give thee much more than this.

2 Chronicles 25:9

Never make decisions based solely on money. It will end in regret. Even if its something like “well i already paid for it and invested time into it”. If you know its wrong for your life, then cut it out and take the loss. Trust if you do the right thing and follow God’s will you will have all you need.

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Psalms 37:25

God takes care of those who follow his will.

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John 2:15-17

To everyone I haven’t seen in awhile. My alcoholism hurt a lot of you and I wish there were words to convey how sorry I am but there are not.

I hope you notice that I am different but you haven’t seen me in a long time.

If you want your pound of flesh please take it. I am right here and will not move.

I want to let you know that anger you are holding onto is poisonous. Let it go for yourself in spite of me.

It’s only because of Him that I’m pursuing humility and meekness as a way of life. Know this though, humility and meekness are not weakness! They are strength under control, like a well trained war horse.

Matthew 5.5

Whoo! What a reflief! J/k No bad blood here!