Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

So, lets just use the accomplishments thread as an example because you made it. Is the way pride is depicted in the bible as sinful different than pride as we use it conversationally and to use the sensation to keep being accomplished? This is not accusatory. I am assuming there is a difference. sigh Why does The Word have to be so hard to understand.

That thread probably is wrong but i think when it talks of pride its more of a boasting type thing. If someone ask you what you are proud of its different then running around being like hey guess how awesome i am?! We should be building up God not ourselves.

I see. Just wondered. It seems like being proud of yourself (for a good action) and enjoying it is different than being proud and mouthing off at length to people to make them feel less than. I feel like your accomplishment thread shares joy and inspiration. Surely God doesn’t find too much fault with that.

Yea i dont think its bad to be proud of what you have done, or your children, ect but you should always give praise to God for all accomplishments and great things in your life. It is through him that they are accomplished after all.

@C-sun I have an amazing article about pride. It was given in one of my church’s General Conferences, as a matter of fact.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 KJV

Ain’t that the truth! Society is getting so crazy. I am so irritated by all the “inclusive” churches that are trying to pander to the masses by basically throwing concerts every Sunday. Where the preacher will have an entire sermon on why people need to pay their tithes, but he’s buying a boat (#priestcraft). I could go on. I’ll end the rant though…

Too many joel osteens in this world.

My type of pride is the bad pride according to the Bible. @C-sun

Correct! Get over yourself.

17 And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth.

18 But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

Dueteronomy 8:17-18

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

James 1:17

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 4:12

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Dont think good deeds get you into heaven. Salvation is by faith alone. God bless.

And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Isaiah 6:3

“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”

Jeremiah 1:5

Even before we start to form in our mother’s womb God has set forth his will on our lives.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober-minded; be watchful. For your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion seeking all for whom to devour.

Not sure if this was posted in this thread before, but my last quit attempt a year ago, this was my mantra for 40 days before i relapsed. It has been a year since then, and i havent had a single sober day since falling back into the trap laid for me by the roaring lion himself. I am weak but I can resist if I can simply find my way back to God. I love you all, and this app, and I hope to post here more than this first one.

Love what you are all doing. God bless

Share all the scripture youd like my friend its great to have you here with us!

God’s been waiting on you. All you have to do is talk to Him.