Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

I love this post!! I picked my screen name 126 days ago because knew that if I trusted God completely he’d forgive and help me

Amen my friend!

Amen. I created this thread over a year ago now and it is lovely to read others are receiving Gods help and encouragement from his Holy word.

“And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.” Matt 10:22.

“Good deeds erase bad deeds”.

Thats actually the Quran and not the bible.

“Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.” Prov. 13:18

Proverbs 15:15 - “For the despondent, every day brings trouble; for the happy heart, life is a continual feast.”

I love Proverbs so many great verses on how to live.

Me too. Proverbs kept me out of trouble growing up around chaos x

“Do not I hate them ,o LORD, that hate thee? And am I not grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate then with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.” Psalms 139:21-22.

Matthew 5:9 “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God”

We must learn to make peace with ourselves before we can expect it with others.

1 Peter 5:8 “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy, the Devil is prowling about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”

2 CORINTHIANS 10:5 (NIV) - “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”

This verse reminds me that I am under constant attack and I need to be vigilant when the voice in my head says, “go on, one drink won’t hurt”. I expunge lying thoughts by thinking the word W.I.N (Whats Important Now). And the answer to that question is always, not alcohol. I give thanks to God each time I defeat an attacking thought.

Ohhh wow, thank you for posting this. Now I will associate the word WIN with what you had mentioned. :blush:

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13. My daily motto.

“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.” 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

“Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them!” Isaiah 5:11

HEBREWS 12:12-17 (NIV)-“12 Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13 Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed14 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. 16 See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son. 17 Afterward, as you know, when he wanted to inherit this blessing, he was rejected. Even though he sought the blessing with tears, he could not change what he had done.”

SUMMARY: This verse gives both a warning and encouragement. It reminds me to protect what’s most important and to be strong where my willpower and strength may be at its lowest.

In the book of Genesis, the Bible tells an interesting story about twin brothers who illustrate this point. The elder son, Esau, was favored by his father, Isaac, because of his prowess as a hunter. In contrast, the younger son, Jacob, was a quiet homebody.

One day, Esau returned home from an unsuccessful hunting trip totally famished, and demanded some stew from his brother. “I’ll give you food,” agreed Jacob, “but first, trade me your birthright.” Esau replied, “Okay, I’m so hungry, I’m about to die.” So Esau traded the honors due to him as the firstborn son for a simple meal of stew.

Upon first glance, it’s easy to ridicule Esau’s decision. I cannot imagine selling your whole birthright for a pot of soup. But I had to look at my own life and ask, “What great thing have I traded for so little in return? How often have I traded sobriety for drunkenness? What temporary pleasure have I craved so much that I gave up lasting victory?”

The way out that God provides is the ability to decide in advance what I will and will not consume each day. I plan the layout of my house so that alcohol is hidden from eyesight. I avoid situations and people from my past that would entice me to drink. I take part in a structured program to help cure my disease and become part of a supportive community. The absolute worst time for me to resist alcohol is when I am anxious. So I have been trying to reduce stress in my life and develop a healthier self care regime.