Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge

Mother nature is great to clear the head

“Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is pervse in his ways, though he be rich” Proverbs 28:6.

“If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.” Proverbs 24:10

Be strong in your sobriety. There will be days where you are challenged, whether it is a party, a bad day, a great day, or peer pressure, and you have to realize its only for a moment. Dont be a weakling, but be bold like a lion. God bless.

MATHEW 6:16-18(NIV)-“16 When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”

SUMMARY: This reminds me to keep myself neat, under control and humble throughout sobriety. To resist the urge to make a huge public performance over feelings of intense suffering that comes with withdrawal. To understand that the pain I am feeling speaks more to feelings of loss rather than actual physical pain. Be comfortable in sharing only to the point of maintaining sobriety but no further than that.

“Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.” Psalm 138:7.

1 Corinthians 13:11 NIV
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

“Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place” 2 Corinthians 4:7.

People always ask if I think I will not drink ever again. No I dont. I know I will never drink again. Through Christ I shall triumph. Amen.

“Happy the man who follows not the counsel of the wicked, nor walks in the way of sinners, nor sits in the company of the insolent,
But delights in the law of the LORD and meditates on his law day and night.
He is like a tree planted near running water, that yields it’s fruits in due season, and whose leaves never fade. Whatever he does, prospers.”

Psalm 1:1:1234:

I thought of you when I read this @Mewilhoward

Love the Psalms. I listen to a reading of it at work all the time.

“LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! Many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have srt themselves against me round about. Arise, O LORD,; save me, O my God: for thou has smotten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; though hast broke. The teeth of the ungodly. Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.”

Psalm 3

Versus vs. verses

Acts 20:35

I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Just tagging @Swam following your previous post. Lots of Christians here and some pretty inspiring quotes.

“Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” Matt 5:19

This one motivates me to keep striving to follow Gods commandments and words. I dont care what im called on Earth but itd be pretty sweet to be called great in heaven.

This one is epic :point_up:️. Great stuff here

“In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only penury.” Proverbs 14:23

Staying sober takes hard work. Just talking about it wont lead to success you have to work at it to profit from it. God bless.

“The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.” Psalm 14:1.

“Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.” 1 Thessalonians 5:11

We are all here for one basic reason. We have an addiction that we are hoping to find a solution to. This verse makes me think of this community because of how often complete strangers will encourage eachother, offer a shoulder to lean on during hard times , or give praise to eachother for the milestones we hit. It truely is a special community that is very rare to find. God bless and stay strong.

“For by graced are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the GIFT of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8,9.

A lot of people think the only way to heaven is by doing good deeds and works but the bible clearly states thats not true. The only way into heaven is through belief in Christ because salvation is a gift. You can not call anything a gift if you have to work for it. You wouldnt call your paycheck a gift right?
God bless.