Big trigger yesterday

Yesterday I got punched by my girlfriend in public. It’s a long story, but it was honestly entirely uncalled for and I wasn’t expecting to get hit by her. I didn’t react much, I just went home after and I had to end the relationship. Yup I drank after, I felt like crap. I left the relationship fully today , and told her we are not good enough for each other & that in early recovery I can not tolerate behavior like this because I am a big stress drinker.
I forgive her, and I still think she is a lovely girl at times outside of hitting me yesterday , but just like myself, she has stuff she needs to work on. I can tolerate a lot of mistakes in relationships, but that already 5 months into dating was a huge red flag for me to get away as soon as possible. Especially with being on probation right now, the last thing I’d need is someone to misunderstand the situation and call the police on me.

Just going to move forward, and keep pushing for a better day & future.

At least I had beer , and not hard liquor ? Doesn’t make it any better. I’m just sitting in my room in the dark drinking pop right now and eating chips.

My mood is okay. I can understand if people are disappointed in me. All I can do is move forward.
What can I really do sometimes ? I’m still in this weird loop but I can say I’ve been improving on my sobriety so that’s all that matter and I just really need to make 2024 my year & work on complete sobriety.

13 Likes

Brother, right now you need to think about you and your recovery. And I don’t know the situation but violence is a no. And not being funny be grateful it’s only 5 months. You slipped up but you haven’t fallen. Stay on board my bro. :v:t5::blue_heart:

5 Likes

@Newlife89 thank you so much brother ! Shout out from Canada . Wishing you the best on your sober journey.
Thank you for the kind words. :pray:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your day. That sounds like a good girl to leave in the past. Listen, the real question is why you felt the need to drink after that situation? Life is gonna happen, much worse things will happen, it’s just reality. Learning to cope with bad situations only happens through practice. Best wishes to you bro

6 Likes

@Dan531 no excuses here for drinking, I did, and I stubbornly chose the wrong way out of the situation.
Guess I’m still learning how to deal with myself sometimes.
Either way thank you & I appreciate the advice.

5 Likes

I’m still learning the same stuff myself 1500+ days into sobriety, It’s a process for sure. You’ll be alright

7 Likes

@Dan531 yeah that’s very true, a really good fact .

3 Likes

When i first got into drinking if was for the big things…the trauma of life that i was so desperate to escape from…after years of practice it became for any reason that was even slightly uncomfortable…eventually once i almost lost everything including my sanity i realised that when your an addict…nothing in this world is worth drinking over

4 Likes

Lets make 2024 our year! And it is always better to take some time for yourself, even though a lot of people get sad and lonely from being alone especially after longer relationships, it is good to have time for yourself and it is even better you two are able to work on yourselves now. Don’t be all too harsh on yourself, you need to stay motivated to for a sober 2024!

4 Likes

How are you @Drew95 :heart:

Surprisingly still alive , and I’m doing okay…
I’m not good when it comes to relapses, I wouldn’t say I’ve drank every single day since this incident, but I definitely have been drinking routinely again. Decided to come on this app today because I don’t think I can make an AA meeting today.

1 Like