Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

I love eggs in all it’s ways! Boiled, in salad, tortilla etc… They are super food to me!

4 Likes

Im so sorry to read that you’re struggling so bad. I know that feeling of meeting people after a few years, and that “what has happened to her??” look. It has happened to me a few times after gaining 30 KG, and at that moment I just wanted to die. I’m pretty sure the girl that asked you if you’re ok wasn’t seeing anything “disgusting” in you. You were just very stressed and uncomfortable at that very moment, and obviously people can tell. She was probably worried because you must have looked so unhappy. Did you get through the 5th night ok?
You’ve been faking for so long, so have I, but right now you’ve opened up, at least to us, and you’re working on a healthier and happier life! That’s a huge step!! Keep checking in with us!

6 Likes

Good morning. I didn’t get through last night. Around midnight I was still awake because I was messing around on my phone instead of sleeping and I caved to a grumbly tummy. A particular cracker I like was bought by my family and left unguarded in the kitchen. I felt hunger pangs, my brain remembered the crackers were there and once it imagined eating them to satisfy the physical discomfort I was done for. I don’t even remember how I justified doing what I did. I think as I was opening my bedroom door to go to the kitchen I had a pause and then thought “I don’t care.” I don’t know. I need to probably journal about what happened. I need to make a rule of no food in bedroom and stick to it. I need to ask my family to hide them. The one positive I can find is that because of this thread I didn’t eat as much as I usually would. It wasn’t a full binge. But I also wouldn’t have died of starvation if I hadn’t eaten.

Regarding last night, it wasn’t my friend or anyone I knew who asked me if I was ok. It was a lady I had just met for the first time in my life who asked that question. And she asked it from a place of genuine concern and compassion. It wasn’t a judgemental question. I don’t know how to explain it. We were in a conversation and she kind of paused, told my friend of 35 years kind of to hold on and then turned her attention to me and asked me if I was ok. I may never see this person again in my life. Idk. It messed me up. I have to start working in 30 min so that all from me for this morning. Back to day 1.

6 Likes

It’s been one day since I haven’t grazed. I drink a glass of water 30 minutes before I eat, which helps me eat less. I haven’t had any midnight snacks! When I prepare food for myself, I don’t eat as I’m preparing my meal. I also don’t eat and drink at the same time (I had bariatric surgery two years ago and we’re told not to do that).

Food addiction will always be a struggle for me and if I ever have another relapse, that’s okay. I will pick myself up and try again. I refuse to give up.

7 Likes

Day 8. I edged with chocolate :chocolate_bar:. Just a piece but not binging. I don’t have it anymore in home

8 Likes

I have never been a middle of the night eater, but one thing I’ve learned by now, is that I need to have a decent (healthy) dinner, otherwise I start snacking unhealthy stuff. Going to bed hungry is not an option, otherwise I sleep like crap. Do you have your 3-5 meals a day? I’ve been eating much healthier the last 4 months, and even though I have had some slips, they have gotten much less. Years ago I used to binge daily.
It didn’t sound judgemental, no worries!
You’re working on your (food) recovery daily, you’re doing fine, try to be kind to yourself! You’ve already proven that you can quit booze, so you have it in you! :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Well done Thomas!! Hang in there! A piece every once in a while is not a problem!

3 Likes

Yeah to that! Same here, that’s the attitude! :blush:

5 Likes

I thought about this group this morning and was able to have just one croissant and a hard-boiled egg for breakfast! May not sound like much but I typically would eat 2-3 croissants, so I consider it a win.

8 Likes

Sounds like a win to me! We’ll done Karen! :clap:t2::muscle:t2:

5 Likes

@Jesile thank you so much. You are doing great too! Keep this good attitude

3 Likes

Great job, keep it up! If it’s a win for you then it deserves recognition, however small! :tada::smiling_face:

4 Likes

Even with your cravings you’re still doing great, keep it up! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 936 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 272 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

1:19 am

It’s been almost two days since I stopped grazing. I feel like having a midnight snack but I’m sipping a seven ounce Coke Zero instead. I’m craving something sweet so I thought this would be perfect. I know if I have a snack, that one snack would lead to three. It’s pretty difficult but I can do this.

6 Likes

We’ve totally got this! :+1:

3 Likes

Congratulations! It can last forever if you want it bad enough and put in a lot of hard work. You’ve got this!

2 Likes

@Aleyadaisey and dear friends of this thread. I share with you a little bit of humor

8 Likes

Congratulations! No iced coffee for 20 days!

4 Likes

Lol, love this! :joy:

3 Likes