Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

3:58am

I’ve been avoiding a midnight snack but I was legitimately hungry. Being up for 5 hours will do that. Instead of a bowl of cereal or some chuck roast, I had a small cup of sugar free Jello vanilla pudding. It’s only 60 calories. I’m kinda bummed that I ate but, then again, I was genuinely hungry.

5 Likes

spent the afternoon + evening w my family yday for a bday thing. after such visits I always overeat and sometimes properly binge in the literal sense. you guys: I did not.

my family relationships are so terrible and painful and the behaviour towards me is fucked up and hurts a lot. this has not changed. but my reaction has changed. I am not depressed today (I don’t know if this has ever been the case) tho I am not excactly spritely, but somewhere in the middle, and I have not had to resort to food or other negative numbing or comforting behaviours. guys. I am proud of myself.

9 Likes

Great job! Keep up the good work! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 2: no grazing

Yesterday seemed easy but today is difficult. I can do this!

4 Likes

You absolutely should be proud of yourself! :sparkling_heart:
You are amazing.
I am sorry that they don’t treat you as they should. But I am happy that you are not internalizing it. How they behave is a reflection of them, not you.
Hugs to you my friend :people_hugging:

4 Likes

thank you Reneé! your words made me smile. :slight_smile:

tell the truth tho i’ve been internalising this shit my entire life which made me the gorgeous fuck up that I am lol - and this has been a constant hard struggle (I’ve posted about a few times in the lounge too). this time was the first time I felt that vent reverse and blow the other way, so to speak. I’m 36. in analysis and recovery constantly for 4 yrs next months.

never give up on yourself.

6 Likes

Way to Gooooo!! Faugxh.
I bet that feeling is a great buzz right there. Savor that :hugs: Very happy for ya. Keep showing us how it’s done :muscle:

5 Likes

That’s wonderful news!! :clap:t2::clap:t2: Keep it up!

4 Likes

@Sissychris39 glad you like it! Day 9 of not binging. Hot temperature is helping me . I don’t feel so hungry

3 Likes

That’s good to not have it in the house anymore. I live at home and my stepfather always buys large muffins from the grocery store. I don’t want to tell him to stop buying them because I don’t have much self control.

3 Likes

Congratulations! Yeah, the hot weather will do that to you, which is good because you can fill up on water instead.

3 Likes

Day 937 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 273 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Excellent job :clap:

3 Likes

Two nights no snacking or eating.
I have to track it this way.
Binging typically happens after 10pm for me. Once I’ve brushed my teeth and gotten in bed. I have this horrible habit of watching TV or tik tok on my phone when I get in bed instead of going straight to sleep. I do this because I have trouble falling asleep. So to help with that I’ve been taking prescription sleep aids for the last 8 years. I’m not on Lunesta or Ambien anymore as those definitely contributed to night time eating that I wouldn’t even remember. But the fact that I don’t get in bed and fall asleep in the first 30 minutes is a contributing factor to my issues. The longer I’m awake, the more time has passed since my last meal and my stomach thinks it needs something because it’s been 4-5 hours since my last meal. Couple this with the inability to think clearly due to the meds and here I am. Had to reset after a 4 night stretch because I caved in Friday night. Today I have my daughter’s birthday lunch with family. Tamales, chips, queso, fruit, cake. I would love to skip it all but I can’t. I’ll pray before I go and ask for strength to eat what nourishes me, and leave the rest.

6 Likes

Day 3: no grazing

7 Likes

Day 3 of having only one croissant for breakfast. I thought a second one would go really well with my coffee but I didn’t cave. I acknowledged that I wasn’t hungry. And I told myself I could have a second one in an hour. Once the hour comes, I can have one in another hour, etc.

7 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

You’re welcome :grin:

2 Likes

Well done on your two nights of no snacking! :clap:t2::clap:t2: It seems like you have to make some changes in your habits to break the cycle that you are describing above, so you don’t fall into the temptation. As mentioned before, I’m not an evening / night eater, but maybe you can get used to a new routine after 10:00 pm? Maybe try a meditation app? Some reading? Draw mandalas? Something that keeps your thoughts away from food and helps you fall asleep! I guess I’m not saying anything new you don’t know already… Keep hanging in there, you’re doing great! :muscle:t2:

5 Likes

@Sissychris39 ahhh muffins! That’s a hard one!!! Day 10. No dinner tonight

4 Likes