Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Sill awake but finally getting sleepy. I thought about getting out of bed to have a small snack. Instead of a binge I prayed, drank water and reminded myself I won’t feel like this forever.

4 Likes

There’s lots on the Internet about how to eat healthy on a budget.
It can be done with good, healthy nutritious food and some thought.

Seasonal, frozen, canned vegetables and fruits probably top the list.

Yes, it seems like everything at the grocery store is so expensive and getting more so every single trip.

7 Likes

Oh, wow. Thank you so much for sharing!

4 Likes

Y’all…
Last night I started to head for the kitchen after I had already declared I was done eating for the day and I did something else - I PRAYED. I tell my sponsees to do this. When cravings hit, to surrender to their higher power and ask for the strength to say no. Took my own advice. Drank some water. Got in bed and went to sleep. I think one of the reasons I have slept so much the last 4 days (3 nights) is because I’m not digesting food all night long and interrupting my sleep patterns. So thankful I didn’t cave last night. I did eat 3 meals yesterday and a small snack. Aiming to do that again today. Eventually I’d like to be back to eating throughout the day in a healthy way to regulate my blood sugar. :hugs: Thanks for the support here.

6 Likes

That’s excellent news! I guess it must really interfere with a healthy sleep… I haven’t eaten too much today, because I’m really not that hungry. Did my grocery shopping, and only added healthy stuff to the shopping cart!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Alisa! I’ll have a look at that. It’s true that eating healthy is not cheap, but eating precooked meals and other crap food is even more expensive in the end, during my worst times of binging (that was some years ago, but still) I used to spend 15-20€ daily just on food that would end in the toilet shortly afterwards… I’m glad those days are quite far away by now!

5 Likes

It’s 1:25 and all I’ve had today is a cup of coffee. I overslept and had to jump online for a meeting. Haven’t really gotten up to eat since then. Ugh. I hate when days start like this.

3 Likes

Eat something lady! Otherwise cravings will hit! And finally you’ll end up overeating, at least that’s what I would do… Can you grab something healthy?

2 Likes

Today i had a small victory that im kind of proud of. I dont normally eat breakfast so when its lunch time im usually hungry. I put my chicken breast into the oven to cook for a salad and while it was cooking, i had 1 cup of yogurt to snack on bcuz i was hungry. Well once i ate that yogurt i wanted to keep eating. I started looking thru the cupboards for what i could eat. I could feel myself enter Binge Mode and then i stopped and told myself to just wait for the chicken to cook. So thats what i did. I cut up my salad toppings and waited for the chicken to cook. I ate my salad and i am feeling satisfied now. So grateful i didnt go and eat everything in sight before i had my lunch. Feeling accomplished :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Congratulations Dana! I know that feeling of “I can’t wait”… and then you don’t give a fuck… and just go for it… Good for not giving in! I’m gonna have my salad for dinner now! But it’s a nice salad, not just green leaves… some cheese, boiled egg etc… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Please eat something, if you haven’t already. Coffee will make you extra jittery if you don’t have something in your stomach to slow down its effect. I know coffee can decrease appetite but it’s still good to at least have a small healthy meal/snack with protein in it. :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Day 954 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 290 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

I ate about an hour later when my daughter brought some lunch home for me. I was in a lot of meetings today and catching up from being out Friday and Monday. Then we just ordered pizza for dinner because it was hot, I need groceries and the blessing of my cleaning lady came today but came later than usual so I actually ordered the pizza before she left. I only ate 2 pieces and a little bit of the cinnamon bread. I usually have double that. I’m in bed. Not hungry. Haven’t snacked. Have therapy in the morning. So I need to get to sleep. If I feel like eating later, I’m going to pray like I did last night. If I get through to morning, it’ll be 4 days in a row of no binging or emotional eating. That’s a long stretch for me. I started watching a new show tonight to just unwind from an information filled day. Anyone seen The White Lotus?

4 Likes

I have a video doctors appointment with my new doctor’s office tomorrow. For pre-check in I had to write in my health conditions and I wrote that I am prediabetic. I hadn’t thought much about it in a while. I think I will ask her about healthy living classes and resources that are available. I took a class once and it helped me to make healthy changes. I know something like that could help me again.

5 Likes

Made it through the night. Working on day 5. Doing my best to stay where my feet are and not concern myself with the past or future. :hugs:

5 Likes

Day 4: no grazing :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Good for you and keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Well done ladies!! For some totally unexplainable reason I was craving a pizza at 11:00 am this morning, and I fucking ate the pizza at 11:00! Don’t now what’s wrong with me! My period is around the corner, so I’m in a very depressive mood right now, so done with this monthly shit! I’m 45, I still have a few years to go… :exploding_head: Anyway, I had to reset my counter this morning. Feeling angry at myself for not getting my impulsive thoughts under control! This afternoon I went for a 6K walk, did my workout and interval program for running, so I’m feeling a bit better by now.

5 Likes

Day 955 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 291 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Good work, keep it up! :smiling_face:

3 Likes