Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Happy belated birthday!!!

Congrats on your days too… they are really stacking up!

2 Likes

Thank you! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Day 280 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 281 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 282 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 283 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 284 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 285 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 286 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 287 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 288 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

so with my drinking I finally had to concede that I should probably go to AA and thus now have a daily program BUT its been a year now and the food was fun at the start and I’m lucky I don’t put weight on, until now, it’s all caught up with me and I’m not happy about it anymore. Can you please tell me what strategies you had in place in the early days or maybe still do.

5 Likes

Also what is a binge, I think nothing about eating a whole packet of chocolate biscuits or if its a share size anything I eat it all, is let’s say 6 biscuits a binge

4 Likes

Keeping busy, having balanced meals, therapy and attending OA meetings have been the most helpful, and it gets easier as you abstain from binges. Also a binge is where you eat way past fullness, feel out of control with your eating (like you can’t stop) feel depressed about your binges, and a lot of times eat alone. Before I started being serious about recovery I also felt like crap after a binge, my heartbeat was too fast (that’s part of how I knew I had binged.) And I felt exhausted. Now I am eating a lot better than I was and I feel great. I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s definitely me, I’m not even hungry and I eat and now I work nights I eat all day and night. People would be amazed how much I eat but the main problem is its all crap and full of fat and sugar. I’ve seen some OA meetings advertised so I think I’ll have a listen to some other people and see how much I’ve got in common, I’ve got to change something that’s for sure. Well done with your days and your self control. If I don’t want to drink it’s easy bc I don’t have to have one and start the cycle but we do still need to eat.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t call 6 biscuits a binge, just regular overeating. For me a binge would be at least a whole packet, probably more on top. And regular overeating, you eat even after feeling satisfied, but a binge you continue to eat even after feeling uncomfortably full to bursting. And a binge often shows similar behavior to drinking - hiding packets and receipts, guilt, defensiveness, buying from different shops so people don’t realise how much, self-loathing, etc.

4 Likes

It is true we need to eat, but we don’t have to eat cakes and biscuits, or crisps. Some people are different, but I don’t really binge regular food. So I could abstain from those. I just really, really want to be able to moderate.

3 Likes

Day 289 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Don’t we all…
:heart:

3 Likes

Holy shit, shit!!!
Way to go!!!

2 Likes