Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What a great thread!
I’m going to give it a go.
I don’t have much time to explain when my bingeing/restricting cycle began… I love eating - I mean “real” food and indulging in a dessert - but it seems I’ve always had (though short) periods of bingeing etc.
During the past couple of years, I started noticing that I was entering in this viscious circle.
So, today is day 2 of mine non bingeing.

5 Likes

Welcome to the thread, and thank you for sharing your story. Day 2 is a good start, keep up the good work. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 290 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Day 3
Happy to feel less bloated, and actually enjoying meals because I am hungry not binged out

4 Likes

Day 291 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Great job, keep it up! :clap:

2 Likes

Day 292 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 293 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 294 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

One week.
And u are so nearly at 300!

5 Likes

Day 295 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yep, thank you! Road to 300 here I come! :grin:

3 Likes

Day 296 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 297 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Aaaaargh. Relapsed, had around 3500 calories of pretty much anything I found in the cupboards (out of pure boredom).
So it’s day 2 again.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear you relapsed. Don’t give up hope.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m not, though I feel… bleah and - above all - scared to death of the scale. Not because of one day of bingeing, but because I’ve hade them more frequently during the past month.
As to the question of weighing myself, I’m just going to try and stick to my everyday diet and exercise and hope for the best (and wait a week or so).
As for the more troubling question of binge eating, I’ll have to do my best and - firstly - not ignore the triggers.

5 Likes

Day 298 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

A quick question for the group just to try for some additional perspective - Do you ever overeat or binge and STILL feel like you need more? Not just to satisfy a craving but just to aliment your body?

I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing between “I’m satisfied/full” and “I don’t get the energy I need from the food I eat so I eat more”. I think it might also be metabolism because I do have thyroid problems

2 Likes