Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Cool, let us know how it goes! :blush:

1 Like

Day 444 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 11 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not ready to give up coffee today yet…I only have 2 in the morning, but my plan is to have one regular and 1 decaf. I might try that next week. Day 5 for no alcohol is on its way👍

1 Like

Had two weeks, but definitely felt out of control with sweet things today. Didn’t sleep well last night, and the tiredness didn’t help.

3 Likes

Hello guys. It’s so great to see your progress here.
Especially @Aleyadaisey is on fire for a long time now! :fire::muscle:t2: Congratulations :confetti_ball::tada: you’re inspiration.

I saw that you’re also doing well, @Misokatsu . Sorry to hear you slipped, but don’t worry, you can do this!

I started a therapy for my binge eating, because I can’t find the right mindset, like I did with alcohol :woman_shrugging:t3: I’m afraid that it’s very different with food…
Now, me and my therapist are working rather on physical side of my disorder, I’m learning how to eat, what to eat, when to eat and changing my habits slowly (or really trying at least).
My biggest issue comes in the evenings. That is the time when I over eat/binge eat. I must put lots of work to this and I’m happy doing it. And it’s not easy, I slipped so far every day. But it’s every day better and better :pray:t2:
I’m also keeping a track of my food. It helps a lot to me, I can finally see that I don’t eat as much as I always thought. At least not during the day. The night is a different story.

I found this yesterday, and I can say - it’s exactly me!

6 Likes

Yeah, I also usually binge before or after dinner, often because I have been restricting somewhat during the day.
I struggle because food, for me, doesn’t have the devastating consequences alcohol does (I know for some people with severe ed there are) e.g. not caring for my kids, so I still think I am ‘ok’ or ‘I can manage it’.

5 Likes

I understand what you mean.
I do the same - I don’t eat enough food / nutrition through the day and then I end up eating everything :scream:

So when I’m saying that I’m now learning to eat, and trying to change my habits, what I mean is that I’m basically now eating at least 3 proper meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) no matter if I do or don’t feel hungry. It’s sometimes hard, because I feel sometimes guilty when eating not being hungry or not always I have time to eat. But at the end of the day it’s my health, so I do my best to be able to eat enough and good quality food.

I started cooking more too. Because I found ou that the worse for me is eating carbs for dinner, like e.g. bread, which is unfortunatelly so easy to make haha.

5 Likes

Thank you! I am delighted I have inspired you all, and I hope you guys do great with your recovery. :blush:

2 Likes

Day 445 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 12 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 446 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 13 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 447 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 14 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think it’s so important to eat regularly even if you don’t feel hungry just stop and think " when’s the last time you had something to eat?" I suffered from an ED so many years ago. I feel I am fully recovered. I think there are a lot of people who are not in tune with their hunger cues. Sometimes I haven’t had time to eat my regular meals, but I don’t think I feel hungry at all . Then as soon as I start to eat I realize I was actually wayyy hungrier than I thought. This is what happens with a lot of people I think that don’t eat enough throughout the day and then end up eating more than they would at night.

3 Likes

Day 448 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 15 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 449 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 16 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 450 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 17 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

:partying_face: Congratulations on 450 days Aleya!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush:

Day 451 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 18 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Soo…my scales broke. I stood on the screen part, not thinking that there wouldn’t be able to take my weight, even though the rest is designed to withstand much weight. So, do I buy a new one? Or try to move away from focusing on numbers?

2 Likes

Day 452 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 19 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes