Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Wow, 217 days! You should be very proud of yourself! And fantastic job avoiding a binge! Keep up the good work! :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you :pray: :blush: I normally post my stuff over on the big group check in but Iā€™ve been lurking over here recently and it feels more appropriate to post it here. :heart: I love watching your numbers go up every day! It really inspires me to keep pushing through

4 Likes

I am so glad to be an inspiration to you, and everyone else here! Youā€™re very welcome! :blush:

1 Like

Wow! What a wonderful self care gift you gave to yourself. You and @Aleyadaisey and everyone here are quite the inspirations. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Great job!

3 Likes

Day 477 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 44 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Day 478 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 45 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Great job!

I have been sensible with the Costco purchases, so far :open_hands:.

4 Likes

Day 479 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 46 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 480 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 47 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is awesome! Keep up the good work! :blush:

1 Like

Day 481 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 48 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 482 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 49 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 483 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 50 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 484 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 51 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 485 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 52 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Still doing well. I scrolled back to find the last time I binged, March 5th. I am particularly happy that I am busy just living life, not constantly thinking how much or how little I ate.

6 Likes

Day 486 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 53 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Keep up the good work! :blush:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been keeping track too well of the last time I binged, I know it happened this calendar year but itā€™s been awhile. Iā€™ve kind of forgotten itā€™s a problem haha Iā€™ve just been exercising A LOT because I am ready to be in better shape and interestingly enough even though I eat more food, I donā€™t eat to the point of making myself sick anymore.

Thank you all for your wonderful example, youā€™re the reason Iā€™m still making loads of progress!

So we as a modern, first world society donā€™t talk much about male body imaging but my work (for some strange reason) does require us to fit a certain margin. We are weighed every 6 months and if above the recommended weight, they do a body fat estimation using measuring ribbon to do our neck and waist. If we are above 23 percent we are put on a probation and are separated if we donā€™t pass the next time in 6 months.

Iā€™m not an unhealthy person and I can do all the work that is required of me easily because I keep myself in good shape. Just that the shape of my body doesnā€™t agree with those tests and their scales for height and weight are all completely rubbish.

I remember one specific instance I walked in to get measured and the administrator said ā€œgee you really donā€™t suck it in for this do youā€ but it is really just the foolish test because I can see my ribs and all my extra weight sits around my hips where they measure. So Iā€™m regularly in danger of losing my job because of this ridiculous image they expect me to have.

Doesnā€™t even make any sense, Iā€™m an engineer

In any case, I passed this monthā€™s test and took myself to celebrate with some pie.

Iā€™ve been looking myself in the mirror every morning before I shave and I say ā€œhey Nate, youā€™re a good guy. Youā€™re successful and deserve the best you. I love you you good looking young manā€ and I know itā€™s silly and stupid BUT IT WORKS SO WELL; it takes a few weeks to get used to it and to start believing it but it makes all the difference.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk

8 Likes