Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

I worked all day and didn’t get a chance to eat, so I’m having perogies now. Day 6 down. Tomorrow will be a week of consciously eating at least once a day :blush:

4 Likes

@Scorpn and @Gala
I am riding the wave of both of you…
Top or valley…
Trying to find balance on the board and enjoy
:surfing_woman:

3 Likes

This is exactly how i feel!

I struggle to eat because of my ED, but when I restrict for days, I end up eating way too much and then feeling sick. :weary:

I have been trying to make effort to eat every day so I can reduce the times I over eat… to make up for under eating.

4 Likes

:heart:

7 Likes

Great job on reaching 1 week! You got this! :blush:

2 Likes

Y’all I’m out of hearts getting caught up around TS so here’s a whole lot of love for all your posts I read this morning :heart::heart::heart::heart: Proud of you all for the work you’re putting in.

Day 449 of no binge for me
Had a close call the other night where I had been stressed, didn’t eat much all day, and started snacking on a bag of popcorn at 6pm while watching a movie. Got halfway through the bag and there was that voice trying to tell me I was worthless and should just demolish the rest of it. Put the clip on the bag, finished my movie, and went and made myself a small balanced meal to finish off the day.

8 Likes

Day 711 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 47 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m a mess today, but I am going to have some savory puff pastry (Mediterranean veggies and feta cheese) and head to bed. Up in 6 hours (from now) to go to work.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Enjoy your meals and your loved ones/friends.

:heart:

5 Likes

I am home from work and soon the table will be filled with food.

I know when we eat together I am expected to eat more than normally. But I’m really not in the mood for much food today. I really would prefer sleep. But i will put forth effort to get at least a little bit of everything. Wish me luck :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I ate a slice of turkey, some green bean casserole,a little macaroni and cheese, and had some no sugar added homemade cranberry sauce with orange and pear mixed in. Recipe idea from @Alisa :heart: ( it was my favorite part of the meal!)

I had also gotten mashed potatoes and some “stuffing” but I couldn’t eat it.

I am feeling very full…

But I guess it was a "normal size plate of food.

6 Likes

Day 712 : No binge today. Definitely ate quite a lot of food, we had mashed potatoes and gravy, ham, sweet potato casserole (my favorite part of the meal, had 2 helpings.), rolls and pecan pie. Delicious. :blush:
Day 48 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Is that the one with mini marshmallows? I always get confused with the sweet potato dishes.

That is super yummy. I haven’t seen it in at least a decade though

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the one! :smile:

1 Like

So, at the gym today I weighed myself…and I weigh an additional 5lbs since Monday :sob::sob: i have gone to the gym every day this week with the exception of yesterday because it was closed when i got off of work. I am eating a meal a day, and have been trying to tell myself it’s good to eat.
But…

:sob::sob: I am frustrated with gaining weight as I am at the top end of what i have ever been (outside of pregnancy and postpartum) and i am trying to tell myself not to restrict, but today really got to me…

I ate a ham and swiss baguette sandwich at my job today (480 cal)

Feeling pretty :pensive:

5 Likes

Not eating enough can really screw up your metabolism. Maybe try to up your calories a little bit at a time. Do you have a dietitian or therapist that can help you with this? :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Day 713 : No binge today.
Day 49 : No coffee today.

5 Likes

No. :pensive: Maybe my thyroid is messed up. I’ve thought it was for a few years, but haven’t made the time to go to the doctors for testing. And i have heard that after not eating “normally” for a while, the body holds as many calories it can but it still hurt my mental state to see the number go up so quickly. :pensive:

Guess I should just make the appointment

For reference these apply to me:

Link included in case the words are actually blurry (I may just be blind)

3 Likes

Muscle adds weight, also salt. Think about how you feel. How do you feel? Bodies need nutrition and calories. If you have too few calories your body will keep you from losing weight and conserve your mass. I understand about not wanting to be past your high normal. I see you said that in your comment about the body holding … Getting bloodwork is always good, in the meantime, watch your salt, get at least I would say 1500 calories and I am sure it should be a lot more. Realize working out increases muscle mass and they way more than fat.

5 Likes

Drink half your weight in ounces of water a day at a very minimum.

3 Likes

I rarely have over 1000. Usually around 500 per day. Even if i am not restricting… because I honestly don’t make time to eat. By the time i work and get all the kids situated, and get the housework done I’m too tired. I have been making effort to eat something every day (coming up on day 10 i think)

I could try to work up to 1500… But if 500-1000 is gaining weight, I’m not sure I should increase calorie intake :grimacing:

2 Likes