Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Sorry to hear you’re struggling Scorpn. Anxiety is no fun, including anxiety about food. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

There’s many reasons I don’t like restaurants. The food is never nutritious or healthy enough for my taste. But the sheer choice of food stuffs I would not normally eat and don’t really want makes me feel desperate every time I have to eat out somewhere pretty much and triggers old feelings of wanting to eat nothing instead. I don’t struggle with these feelings otherwise anymore. And it’s not difficult for me to avoid eating restaurant food. Just wanted to share that I can relate to your situation. Live and learn. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you! I felt so overwhelmed. And I haven’t been feeling this way much recently. I didn’t think of how different I’d feel being taken to breakfast. I don’t often eat breakfast, and if i do, it’s something small like oatmeal or a piece of fruit…

I will keep this in mind. if i am going to a restaurant, I’ll look up their menu, and find something simple/nutritious before i go or respectfully decline the invite.

4 Likes

This is my strategy also. Simplifies life for my easily overwhelmed brain. :+1:

3 Likes

You can always eat your oatmeal and fruit before you go and when you get to the breakfast place just check out their coffee!
I’m sorry you were feeling overwhelmed. I’m glad that you’re eating more/better and that you physically feel better as a result! Yay! :hugs::hugs::hugs:
As far as all eyes on you …. You do you and the eyes don’t matter.
I would be hard-pressed at a breakfast place. I want dry oatmeal. And I don’t want to go to a breakfast place and pay eight dollars for it and at so many of the places you can’t get the sugar taken out of it. Maple syrup or honey or sugar or something is built into the oatmeal.
I know 20 years ago that the what is it called pancake house IHOP they used to have a vegetarian omelette that was delicious. They had a secret ingredient in the eggs to make them fluffy and that is pancake mix. But you can ask them to take it out and they can.
I don’t eat out that much because I prefer my food better. I don’t want vegetables that are swimming in oil. I don’t want blackened vegetables. Etc not that there isn’t a lot of lovely food out there in some restaurants.
There is soup sandwich place in a far away country thst I would love to go back to … one of these days…

4 Likes

My friend is older, and all alone, and she asked if i would take her to breakfast at her favorite place on my day off. She told me she wanted to buy me breakfast and to pick anything. And she kept offering more and more. I know she was trying to be nice. But i felt like it was too much. And the menu options were so complicated. Most had too much sugar… I was going to order oatmeal, but it was almost the same cost as two eggs, meat and pancakes and i didn’t want to waste her money… I felt bad. I didn’t want to insult her by ordering just coffee when she planned to buy a meal… She’s the kind who doesn’t have a lot, but feels bad if you don’t let her do something for you… I’m not sure I’m explaining that correctly…
She had eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, and crepes to take home. I think the last time I took her was a year ago? So she wanted a little of everything. And we were at a small table for two, so it looked like even more food.

5 Likes

Those sound like yummy options Alisa. I usually have a bowl of oatmeal with whatever i feel like putting in, usually peanut butter/fruit/cocoa powder, or scrambled/fried eggs on toast or a whole wheat bagel. Sometimes I will have some granola with fruit in some form, and yogurt as well. These are all pretty healthy options. I hope this kind of makes sense.

3 Likes

Well if the oatmeal is what you wanted then get the oatmeal. I think she most wanted to enjoy the breakfast with you and you just order what you want. You don’t have to eat that full breakfast like that I never have in my life.
That was nice thing for y’all to do for you to take her and for her to want to take you out. Under the circumstance I would have ordered the expensive oatmeal that’s what I have.
Edit I dictate and it changes it after I hit send if it looks wrong it is wrong

3 Likes

Checking in…2 weeks :grin:

7 Likes

Day 762 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 98 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Nice job Jenny! Keep up the good work! :blush:

2 Likes

Spent time with family today, feeling so humbled and grateful that they still support me and are in my life. Sobriety is worrh it.

4 Likes

Day 763 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 99 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I ate so terribly today. It was for my little ones birthday. But i think over the next few days I’ll be limiting to veggies and lean protein. I’ve had enough carbs for a while today.

3 Likes

Day 764 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 100 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 765 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 101 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

You’re amazing!! Congratulations on 100 days!!!

4 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

2 Likes

Day 766 : No binge today. :slightly_smiling_face:
Day 102 : No coffee today. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Checking in, work is crazy busy, makes it Hard to remind myself to eat, but I must or I jeapordize my sobriety and risk a binge. Ugh. These are the times when I loathe my addiction the most. One day at a time.

5 Likes