Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 2)

@Jana1988 Really sorry to hear you are on this rollercoaster of cravings. I completely understand the wish to get rid of the cravings, but in my experience they don’t vanish completely. Yesterday I also had cravings for specific sweets. What has changed is my attitude towards them. They come up, I register them, I label them as not useful, and keep doing what I was doing. I’m not scared of cravings any more.
And I totally get the idea to purge via fasting so you can binge again.
Have you ever tried mindfulnes training/meditation to find a way to deal with your cravings?
@CATMANCAM Congrats on making it to the pool :swimming_man: That’s a huge step :tada: And congrats on beating the meds-induced appetite :muscle: . I get these when my hormones fluctuate. I feel you friend :people_hugging:
@Rebabeeba Welcome to the thread :wave: Good job on getting through day 1.
@Pattycake Welcome to the thread :wave: That is a strong decision you made there about your eating habits. Do you already have a plan, ideas what you want to achieve, tools you already use? Please share if you feel like it. We all can learn from each other.

283 days no sugar
147 UPF
21 gluten
21 dairy

Staying present - instead of the counter I had - makes me feel much more relaxed around eating. Sometimes I’ll eat more, sometimes less, and I stay present with that.

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, @CATMANCAM , @Jana1988 , and @acromouse . Today is my first day no junk food. I had worked my way up to eating through a share size bag of hersheys nuggets ( one serving is three, 9 servings per bag, I was eating through a whole bag everry two days! That’s an extra 600 calories a day. Plus, eating a candy bar every time I go grocery shopping, plus treating myself to a double dip ice cream cone per week to boot. OMG😱.
Not to mention hubby gets the munchies every night and complains when there isn’t anything to snack on, so I buy Fritos and cheese popcorn and crap like that and join him when he snacks.
My plan is to stop buying this shit, number one,
Number two, go back to using an app called Lose It! Where you log all food intake , weight, exercise. You set a goal to achieve. And work on it, mine is to lose ten pounds over the next few months.
Number three, be accountable daily here.

4 Likes

Day 13

No binge eating

6 Likes

Last night i had the urge to binge but didnt follow thru with it. I havent been keeping track of my binge-free days bcuz i had unfortunately let myself go over the past 2 months and stopped focusing on healing this part of me. Id like to get back on track with this. So here i am :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Day 1358 : No binge today. :blush:

7 Likes

@Jana1988 thank you :blush:
@acromouse thank you :blush: and congrats on 3 weeks no gluten and dairy :tada:

53 days no takeaways.
49 days no sugar.
35 days no crisps.
6 days no binge-eating.

I couldn’t fall asleep at my usual time, so the meds appetite was tormenting me again. My addict wanted crisps, and although I liked the idea, I reminded myself how hard it is and how long it takes, to get back on track, no matter how much I believe I can have them just once. So I got through it and just listened to an audiobook until I did eventually fall asleep. As usual, this morning I am grateful I didn’t give in.

🩵

3 Likes

@Pattycake Keeping your environment free of foods you don’t want to eat is a very good step! Meal planning and prepping helps a lot of people too. Nice to see all that motivation :smile:
@Butterflymoonwoman Nice to see you here :wave: Some people find counters helpful, for others a X of Z counter - like 3 out of 7 days - is better suited. So if keeping a abstinence only counter is not suitable in your situation, why not try something like giving yourself a smiley for every day you did not binge and then see how many you get in a week, or a month.
@CATMANCAM Heroic effort!

284 days no sugar
148 UPF
22 gluten
22 dairy

Hormonal changes are making my days difficult, including cravings of all sorts. I know thiss will pass. I don’t have to listen to this, nor do I have to scold myself. No big deal.

5 Likes

Hi people! Missed you :smiling_face_with_tear:

I abandoned this thread and i regret it big time. Today i heard something from my husband that remind me my drinking times. He said, how is it possible that you work out so much, you dont eat a lot, and you gaining so much weight (he wasn’t judging me, was just genuinely wondering). Well, the answer is - I eat secretly. I’m throwing away empty packages same way like I was hiding empty bottles. He was also wondering how was it possible for me to be so drunk, if I only drank few glasses/beers. The answer was the same - I was drinking secretly. I lost controle again.

Yesterday he made few fotos of me when I was going into cold water (on my request), wearing panties and sport bra and oh my, I look so out of shape… I didt see my body for a long time and I don’t like what I seen.

I have to stop with this secret eating. I shouldn’t even call it eating. I gobble up food, mostly sweets obviously.

Today I had some sweets but in reasonable amount and not super fast in secret. I also made deal with myself I won’t eat after 6pm.

I should never stop coming here on daily basis. Here I am, again :blue_heart:

8 Likes

Day 14
No binge eating

6 Likes

Day 1359 : No binge today. :blush:

Yippee, 2 weeks for @Sissychris39! Keep it up! :blush::tada::muscle:

7 Likes

Thanks so much! Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

@Mischa84 welcome back :blush:
@Sissychris39 congrats on 2 weeks :tada:

54 days no takeaways.
50 days no sugar.
36 days no crisps.
7 days no binge-eating.

Yesterday was a repeat of the day before. Cravings galore. I ate a lot of fruit. I was awake until late (for me) last night, and even went out to the local shop and bought more fruit. Today I will try to be stronger. It’s a therapy day so I will be getting the healthy lunch I usually get afterwards.

🩵

5 Likes

@Mischa84 Good to see you here. I’m with you on the hiding part. I used to hide all the junk I would binge on. I would buy it in secret, I would hide it in my desk drawers, and then I would celebrate and at the same time hate bingeing on it. Stay with us here, and share about your journey :green_heart:
@Sissychris39 Congrats on two weeks! Great job :partying_face:
@CATMANCAM Fruits are better than junk food, but I get how you might not like the amount you are eating. Have a good therapy session friend :heart_hands:

285 sugar
149 UPF
23 gluten
23 dairy

I love stories. I love reading. I learned reading at the age of three and have been obsessed with it since before. The most boring and exhausting scenario for me is not to have anything to read.
Eating and reading at the same time feels like being home in a very safe and comforting space. The thing is, I cannot be mindful of my eating or my feelings, satiety or hunger or anything if I read while eating.
So this is what I would like to achieve: To find a compassionate and kind way for myself to eat without reading in order to stay mindful while eating. Maybe by having a dedicated reading time in the day? So I don’t feel like I’m deprived of reading?

6 Likes

Day 1360 : No binge today. :blush:

6 Likes

Walking 1/2 Days
Day 86 of low carb breakfast.

I had a nice long walk today but my Fitbit stopped working half way through. :grimacing: It’s lasted a long time, maybe 5 1/2 years.

3 Likes

Nice to see you back, @Mischa84 :hugs:
Sorry you’re back in the binging mode and secretly… :pensive: I hope that returning to this thread, reading and sharing will help you to change your eating habits and mindset.

Congratulations on your 2 weeks, @Sissychris39 (now over two weeks :blush:)
You’re doing really well! You just joined here and got on track immediately, awesome job :heart_eyes::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

@Aleyadaisey I just want to appreciate and celebrate your never ending counter going up up up all the time. I can’t even imagine being it different. You’re amazing and the biggest inspiration to me :heart:

@CATMANCAM nice week without binge :clap:t3: Have a great therapy session :blush::blush::blush:

@Faugxh Hope you’re well? I didn’t hear from you for a while, which can be sometimes a good thing and I hope it is in your case :hugs::hugs::hugs:

@Kareness You are well on track. Well done you made it work and can fit some walking into your life. You’re creating a great habit.

@acromouse Now I want to read a book :open_book: I love reading, but I don’t even remember when l read something last time. Thanks for a reminder of such a great activity, especially now when it’s getting darker earlier.

6 Likes

I reset my counter yesterday at 10pm because I binged on some sweets and junk. I know it’s a result of my calorie expenditure over the weekend versus not enough of calory intake. I always struggle with this and I am too comfortable to change something. I am still waiting to move a house and hoping that in my own, when doing my own shopping, I will be better… I had a trial when my bf’s mother was away for 11 days on holiday and so I did our shopping and it was quit successful so there’s a big chance that me and my bf will be much healthier once out of this house which I don’t like at all … I know that my mindset doesn’t help :roll_eyes: I just have enough, I am tired of the situation in which I am for years now and I can’t believe I never changed it!! It always takes me ages to change something.

Anyway. A new day here and a new chance to make it right. I started by writing my diary and will follow up with a nice morning walk before I start my working day :sunny: So I am at a good place right now :blush:
I also want to try the meditation I got from @acromouse some time ago. I started it back then but then fall ill and had to kinda stop it and never came back to it since. Maybe it’s about time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

@Jana1988 thank you :blush: it takes me a really long time to change something too, I’ve been on this journey since 2018.

55 days no takeaways.
51 days no sugar.
37 days no crisps.
8 days no binge-eating.

I’ve definitely switched one addiction for the other. I am going to the shop when it opens at 7am, to buy fruit. I can’t stop myself, it’s like my brain won’t let me doing anything else, until it has got what it wants. I hate this. I really tried to resist yesterday morning, but still I was there by 8am.

I started a new audiobook last night, called ‘Defeat Your Cravings’, maybe it will help. So far though, it’s about junk food cravings, but we shall see. :crossed_fingers:t2:

🩵

6 Likes

@CATMANCAM I’m sorry to hear you feel stuck in this endless loop of cravings and addictive behaviour. I also am impressed every day how you don’t cave and don’t give up :muscle:
@Jana1988 It’s a journey of many tiny steps friend. There is no patent solution that works for everyone. Be kind to yourself, keep trying things out, keep at it every day, you will succeed. I am sure of it.
@Kareness Glad to hear you enjoyed your walk. The Fitbit part is a bummer though.

286 sugar
150 UPF
24 gluten
24 dairy

I realise now that I am trying to be kind to myself and observe my eating behaviour with a kind heart how much of it is influenced by hormonal changes.
There are other elements at play too, but the hormonal part is huge. So I am going more with the flow here.

7 Likes

Absolutely when you see the similarities between drinking and binging they are astounding. The buying from different shops to hide amount, hiding containers, lying, sickness and no energy, guilt and empty promises…
The main difference is I can not drink at all, but I have to eat. As much as possible, I try to not eat things that I find difficult to control, very processed and sweet things, for example.

6 Likes