Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 2)

Thank you so much! I wont let this effect me tmrw. Im getting back on track as of right now. I am disappointed for sure but i am also proud of myself for the days that had and in being able to stop eating when i realized i was binging. I didnt overdo it. I went thru my DBT book and did a Behavioural Chain Analysis form which is basically going step by step thru ur binge and then realizing what i could have done instead. So im learning from this as im doing it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well done on examining what happened and being proactive to figure it out! Thatā€™s really amazing work. Just donā€™t give up!

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t sure if I had BED but Iā€™ve decided to try to go 30 days without binging and yeah, I think I do. Iā€™m on day 3 and having really strong cravings to binge. Iā€™ve caught myself twice at what would typically be the beginning of a binge, and successfully didnā€™t continue. But I did overeat for the day. But I canā€™t focus on that at the same time so I am just focusing on not binging.

8 Likes

Welcome to the thread, @Passerina_cyanea! I hope you find it helpful/inspiring to your recovery. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 988 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 324 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Day 1 Binge free

5 Likes

Day 989 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 325 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Back to Day 0 with being binge free. I realized what happened after the fact. Im still learning how to use my DBT skills in the moment. I know the more i practice them, the easier it will be for me to use them when I need them the most. Binge event happened yesterday evening and so today i have already been working on my program to get back on track.

7 Likes

Day 990 : No binge today. Keep trying, you can do this @Butterflymoonwoman, I believe in you. :smiling_face:
Day 326 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Got a surprise notification this morning
2 years no binge

11 Likes

Holy moly, big congratulations! You should celebrate it somehow! :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 991 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 327 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Congratulations @anon9289869 ! That is huge! Sooooo happy for you! Good to see you xoxo. I think of you often, I think of your chamomile growing wildā€¦

4 Likes

Hi group.
Holiday at Croatia gives me freedom from thinking about food, because due to mine and my boyfriendā€™s busy itinerary, we have no time to eat here three times a day so we ended up having a breakfast, small snack or ice-cream in the afternoon and later evening/night big dinner.
Iā€™m realising that this eating habit canā€™t be healthy, because weā€™re eating big portion of food before night time after being hungry for the whole dayā€¦ However, it is bringing me benefits, which are surprising to me, because I would not expect them:

1. My stomach is flat during the day, when Iā€™m not bloating from different food, even my ABS on which Iā€™m working hard long time are visible and so I feel confident walking in short t-shirts exposing my belly button.

2. Iā€™m not hungry when I do stuff and walk around and discover, hence I donā€™t think about food at all! Itā€™s such a mental break from normal days when I think about food almost constantly. Maybe I eat most of the time out of boredom :thinking:

4 Likes

Day 992 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 328 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Wow!!! Congratulations on this huge milestone :clap:

5 Likes

Day 993 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 329 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

I binged today after 8 days clean, trying to go 30 days without a binge. My partnerā€™s parents are in town and his chronic health conditions were flaring up, and I had purchased a cinnamon loaf cake and ended up eating half of it when I got home for the night. It was a bad decision to bring it into my house, and I feel disappointed that I chose to deal with my anxiety in this way. But Iā€™m going to just keep trying, see if I can beat this streak.

7 Likes

Day 994 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 330 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Day 995 : No binge today. :smiling_face:
Day 331 : No coffee today. :smiling_face:

6 Likes